cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterNatt
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Unable to verify E-mail attachments on outgoing E-mail.

Go to solution

When I normally attatch an attachment to an E-mail I then open it to check/verify it is the right one.

Since Sunday 08 October 2017 I am unable to open the attachments I have attached to an outgoing E-mail.

Bt have asked me to delete all Cookies and Cache but this has not worked on all the three browsers that I use which are Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.

It does still work with Outlook!

Has anyone got any suggestions as to how to resolve this issue.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to verify E-mail attachments on outgoing E-mail.

Go to solution

@PeterNatt wrote:

When I normally attatch an attachment to an E-mail I then open it to check/verify it is the right one.

Since Sunday 08 October 2017 I am unable to open the attachments I have attached to an outgoing E-mail.

Bt have asked me to delete all Cookies and Cache but this has not worked on all the three browsers that I use which are Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.

It does still work with Outlook!

Has anyone got any suggestions as to how to resolve this issue.

Many thanks.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

This could be a scenario where the online anti-spam/virus system is interferring with the process - or possibly a local security product (only processing website data, hence Outlook is unaffected).

Is that a likely scenario? The date may be relevant with regard any updates.

0 Ratings
PeterNatt
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to verify E-mail attachments on outgoing E-mail.

Go to solution

Many thanks for your reply.  I turned off Malwarebytes 3.2.2 version which was the latest release updated on Sunday 8 October 2017 and I could again view attachments.  I have just reported this issue to Malwarebytes.  Many thanks for your help it is muchappreciated.

0 Ratings