Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Under charged!

Go to solution

I changed my BT plan 4 months ago after I was going to leave I was offered unlimited calls unlimited internet and gold vision, I was told that my bill would go down to around £40 pounds a month which I was happy with as my bill had been nearer to £60 pounds.

My first bill was £44 pounds which I was fine with and I never checked it again till today my bill this month was £40 something pound but looking back my last bills had only been in the £20 pounds region, not understanding why I called BT and spoke to someone who was extremely unhelpful who after 20 minutes told me that for 3 months I hadn't been charged for internet when I asked him why he didn't know but was insistent that my bill would now be £40 pounds a month I told yes this was fine but why hadn't I been charged for internet for 3 months and was I going to have a bill for these 3 months he quite rudely told me that I would most likely get charged as I had used the service, which yes I had but I never realised I wasn't paying for it and neither had BT so why should I pay for a mistake that wasn't my fault. Do I have to pay this, because it is extremely unfair if I have to cough up £60 pound for a mistake made by BT. Seriously considering moving to Sky as soon as I can get out of my contract without having to pay loads. Which is a shame as I have never had problems with BT before I think the person I spoke to has also annoyed me with his rudeness!

Lisa Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Under charged!

Go to solution

You are not actually paying for their mistake.  They forgot to bill you for the broadband.  Now they have realised you haven't been paying they will ask for the money.  You end up paying exactly what you should have done, just a bit later.

If you live in England or Wales, a supplier has 6 years to bill you for something.  It's slightly different in Scotland.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Lisa, Unfortunately moving to Sky will not really help. If you owe Sky money, Rupert Murdoch will come after you as well.

The option is to ask the company to spread the money owed over X months.

toekneem

(EASBF)

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@toekneem wrote:

Hi Lisa, Unfortunately moving to Sky will not really help. If you owe Sky money, Rupert Murdoch will come after you as well. 

He'd probably send 'round his wife Wendi Deng and we all know what she can do Smiley Surprised
Unfortunately the BT guy was correct and you do owe the money,they can try to recover it from you for up to six years Smiley Mad   But you could try writing to them and appealing on the grounds that "they couldn't reasonably expect you to have known that you were being undercharged".
Del.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks guys! I wouldn't leave bt knowing that I owe a bill. I just think its unfair def gonna keep an eye on my bills from now on, guess I am partly to blame for not checking. Lots of people I know are having problems with BT at the moment, whats going on??? Anyway thanks for ur help need, to weigh up pro's and cons of staying with BT and moving to Sky!

Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Lots of people are having problems with every other service provider aswell 😉

0 Ratings