cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: Unfair engineer charge - charged for engineer attempting (but failing) to fix a broadband proble

the internal junction box is a reason for the charge
0 Ratings
ko
Beginner
Message 12 of 15

Re: Unfair engineer charge - charged for engineer attempting (but failing) to fix a broadband proble

But the fault reoccurred within the 28 day period BT mention in their engineer visit terms.  I feel a bit like I am going round in circles here, but perhaps I wasn't concise enough in my opening post.  Apologies if that is the case.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

So the second engineer was arrange by BT Retail who is your current phone provider and that engineer was the one that replaced the junction box and your phone is now working ok.  This has nothing to do with your broadband probkem which is up to your ISP Plusnet

i can understand in your thoughts that because the change of junction box did not solve your broadband problem you should not pay but thst was not the purpose of that engineer's visit. He was from your phone provider and left with phone line working ok

you need to complain to plusnet that they have caused you to be charged £129

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
ko
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

Thanks, imjolly, that is a helpful explanation!

Is it ever appropriate for a fault to be raised with the phone line provider when the problem manifests itself only with broadband and not with voice calls? I think your answer will be 'no, never', but I am trying to understand (1) why plusnet told me to report it to bt directly - they were very specific, giving me the link to BT's web fault interface and telling me to report a copper line fault with description 'Fault - Loop (rectified)' - and (2) why BT sent engineers round at all, rather than simply telling me it wasn't their problem.

It's kind of worrying that in all the communications I had with BT retail, everybody just went through the motions of arranging to fix the fault, even though it was completely clear it was a broadband fault from the outset.  I do feel BT should still shoulder some of the blame for that reason, but I can see this is definitely more nuanced than I originally thought.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

I still think this was all caused by plusnet telling you to contact your phone provider bt retail knowing that it was a broadband problem not a phone problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings