cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 47

Re: Unhappy with BT!

@giza187 wrote:

hi, i have tryed to do your bt speed test it dont work keeps saying i need to do a 3rd test and got to change my user and leave the password blank well there is no where to put a user and password im using windows 7 and your instruions are for xp and vista how do i get around this??

Hi giza

Have a read - http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/change-broadband-user-name-on-black-hub/m-p/110627#M55352

Possibly even follow the advice I gave to petersmith?

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 47

No need to be unpleasant the poster was just asking politely
0 Ratings
Highlighted
britishtsortitout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 47

If you're out of contract switch provider. Words cannot describe how incompetent this company are.!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
AA99
Contributor
Message 14 of 47

I'm also unhappy with BT 😞

0 Ratings
Linda_May
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 47

Add me to the list of unhappy customers right now too 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 47

To the three of you who have just posted i am sorry you feel as you do there are always answers to problems it is just a matter of asking in the right place they are there as has been said many times the grass is greener on the other side believe it is not
0 Ratings
Linda_May
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 47

John,

We had ENDLESS problems when we first moved into our new house. We went and spent money on a brand new Netgear router and all was fantastic. Syncing at over 7k and a rock solid connection which was great.

A couple of weeks ago, our broadband rebooted and we lost sync and speeds were slow and we couldn't even get on the net until we manually rebooted. We tried phoning BT, and there was a message saying there had been a major broadband problem. Ever since that, we have had our nightmares come back with constant reboots, and it is getting worse by the day. It HAS to be tied to that phone message when trying to ring BT a couple of weeks ago. Something has happened and it hasn't rectified itself on our end.

My parents were affected by this also and got the same message when phoning BT. Theirs has thankfully been sorted out, but we are having non stop problems ever since.

We won't go through all this again. Too frustrating.

StephanieG has been on the case and she has been great, but if we don't get it all sorted by this week, then we are off. Can't be any worse somewhere else (Along with cheaper).

I want to stay, but if this isn't fixed this week, then we have been patient enough I think. Time to leave then 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 47

Remember one thing that unless you go cable you will still use the same copper network regardless of where yo go so if your problem is network related it will follow you
0 Ratings
Linda_May
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 47

I understand what you are saying, but if I am going to have **** service, I can get it cheaper elsewhere. Another ISP have LLU in my area, and I am tempted.

Thanks to StephanieG though, I see my noise margin has now just been brought back down and am syncing at over 8k, so that is great... if it stays. We shall see 🙂

0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 47

Hi,

If you have the Mods on the case I'm confident in their ability in sorting out your problem. Unfortunately like most I include myself you have phoned BT broadband help, which I believe gives Bt a very poor representation of their business and really does exasperate problems. However I'm sure they do fix a large amount peoples problems. Smiley Wink

I too considered leaving as John says the grass is not always greener and looking at other providers Forums this very true.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings