cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Uninstall BT Broadband Desktop Help

I have been having a problem with my copy of this program (I keep being told to update the s/w which I do but the request to update occurs the next time I use the program) and decided to uninstall followed by a fresh re-install. However, using Add/Remove programs hasn’t worked as the uninstall starts and then freezes. I notice there is a uninstall capability if I click Start / All Programs / BT Broadband Desktop Help.

Question: has anyone used this method of uninstalling(?) was it simple or did you need to carry out other deletes elsewhere?

Thank you
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Uninstall BT Broadband Desktop Help

Try startup windows in safe mode (f8) and uninstall from there...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Thanks ~ I will give that a try.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Yes, safe mode worked for me. I would add... if the uninstall freezes again with the notifier appearing on the taskband, right click notifier and select "exit". Repeat each this happens and then the uninstall proceeds (or else it had enough time to resume by itself?)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

"if the uninstall freezes again with the notifier appearing on the taskband, right click notifier and select "exit""

Thanks for this, couldn't uninstall it either. What a terrible piece of software.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 6 of 7

Not just terrible but totally unnecessary hogware.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Hi all. I hope the OP has this sorted by now. It was over a year ago that he posted! Hope it works for you Sqwirral.

0 Ratings