cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 10

Unlimited Faster Broadband Speeds Slower than Adsl connection.

I recently signed up to BT Unlimited Faster Broadband and was told i would expect speeds of between 9 and 15 Mbps but that it would never be slower than 7 Mbps.

After the first 3 Days it was still only getting speeds of about 2Mbps so i phoned and they sent out an engineer.

He fixed a fault on the line and ran various tests and then told me that i couldnt expect anything faster and that i would get better speeds if i switched back to an ADSL connection. I was previously getting speeds of about 3.5 - 4 Mbps when i was on ADSL.

Here are my Stats from Home Hub 5

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068543+NQ52334274
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 27/09/15
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:2 days, 23:57:48
6. Data rate:1157 / 2929
7. Maximum data rate:1161 / 3085
8. Noise margin:7.2 / 6.2
9. Line attenuation:19.9 / 43.2
10. Signal attenuation:19.9 / 31.2
11. Data sent/received:774.7 MB / 16.4 GB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Any ideas as to where i go from here?

Thanks

Trevor

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Unlimited Faster Broadband Speeds Slower than Adsl connection.

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 10

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

HighLowHighLow    

FTTC Range A (Clean)15.59.21.20.8--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)11.73.81.20.5--Available
ADSL MaxUp to 1--0.75 to 2.5Available
Fixed Rate0.5 ----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------

Available

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

How far are you from the Fibre cabinet. With those stats it would appear you must be about 2.5Km or more away from it. If that is correct you are lucky to get any VDSL speeds at all and it would be doubtful that they could be improved.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

was this self install?  did the engineer change the socket when he fixed your fault?

can you conenct direct to the test socket with a new filter and post new statscan you try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 10

Hi,

I'm 2.8 Km apparently.

My issue is why tell me that i'll get speeds between 9Mbps and 15Mbps and convince me to move from my Old ISP, its not like they dont know where my house is. I did raise this as a possible issue but no no i would definately get better speeds if i moved to FTTC.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 10

Yes he changed the socket when he was here.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

BT like all ISP are guided by the results from the dslchecker.  the salesperson does not know where your home is or how good the quality of your like is just what they see from the checker

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 10

Thanks for your info, appreciate it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

You should contact BT and tell them you are getting below your estimated speeds and that the engineer told you it is not possible to improve it. See what options they offer you and failing all else tell them you want to go back to ADSL (normal) broadband because they are not meeting their estimated speeds.

0 Ratings