Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Unlimited Infinity Broadband and HH3

Go to solution

Hi, after reading through the BT website I have realised I am paying for Unlimited Infinity Broadband but still have the HH3 plus the white openreach box alongside it.   We do not appear to have been upgraded to the latest Smart Hub and recently renewed our contract.again with BT.    My question is whether we would be automatically entitled to an updated Smart Hub or whether we  would need to pay for one?  Is the new Smart Hub as good as it states on the site?    We have never received very good speed and gaming upstairs has always required the Ethernet cable even when little use of other  wifi use in the house. Having the one box rather than 2 would be much better for  locating  it on view.  Thank you

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unlimited Infinity Broadband and HH3

Go to solution
You have obviously not read any of the threads on this forum regarding the 'Smart Hub'. I suggest you do before even considering getting one. Stick with what you have.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

You do not get an automatic "upgrade" when you renew a contract. If you wanted a "Smarthub", and goodness knows why you would, you would have had to make that part of the deal for you to renew your contract.

have a read through the forum to see all the problems with the "smarthub".

Remember the old saying. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Stick with your present set up or if you really want a "one box" solution consider buying a decent third party VDSLModem/router. they start in price at about £30/£40 and will give you a lot less problems than the "Smarthub".

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Unless you want to spend up to 2hrs a night on the phone to BT Tech Shpport for the next Month I'd suggest sticking with your Modem and HH3 connection.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Many thanks to all responses to my question.  Much appreciated.  I won't buy Hubbie a new Smart Hub for Christmas after reading about the issues.   Thank you

0 Ratings