Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Unlimited anytime call pricing

Go to solution

Hi,

I have just signed up for BT Infinity with unlimited anytime calls and have noticed something while checking the small print that has got me thinking. Next to the Call Pricing info there is a note, as below:

Call pricing (UK landline1)

Reading this it mentions an 11.5p call set up fee, see below:

1. Calls to numbers beginning 01, 02 & 03, excluding Channel Islands. 11.5p call set-up fee applies. For inclusive Weekend, Daytime and Evening calls over an hour calls are charged at 7p a minute. You can hang up and redial to avoid call charges.

I don't expect any charges when making calls to landline numbers so wondered if anyone knows what this refers to.

Thanks

Steve

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unlimited anytime call pricing

Go to solution

The 11.5p set up fee refers to non-inclusive calls, like mobiles or international calls. For landline calls, the set up fee does not apply. 

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Good to hear that inclusive calls are indeed free 🙂 maybe they need to review the wording as I found it a bit confusing, Thanks steve

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

For some BT help the other day I accidentally dialled 118500 thinking it was a help line. Instead I'd dialled Dir. Enqs. and I apologised for wasting their time etc.

When I looked at my Unlimiited Anytime  costs, I found that this miss-dialling had cost me £1.88p for 12 secs. An absolute disgrace and the Rental charges are going up from £13.60 to £13.90 but I believe there is a reduction in the cost of the monthly Anytime package.

It is all a big fiddle though, with smoke and mirrors. When you sign up for these packages you'd have thought that they would fix the prices for the 12months that you are required to use the service.

0 Ratings