Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PortiaDavies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Unpaid Bill - Help

Go to solution

Hi all,

Need some advice, was making repayments ontop of my regular BT bill.  The amount I was paying was a bit too high but I had hoped to pay off my bill sooner rather than later, looks like I overstretched myself.  Because of this unfortunately fell into arrears when a DD did not get paid I think in May, I was not aware of the failed payment as further payments continued. 

However, when a further payment failed, BT then restricted my incoming and outgoing calls.  I had hoped to make a payment to clear down some off the arrears and make a revised payment plan but with other bills coming in these took precedence and my bill remained unpaid.

I spoke to BT today to try and come to an arrangement as I received a letter in the post today saying that if nothing received line would be cut off.  This letter spurred me on as i had semi-forgotten due to other urgent issues.  However, the member of staff I spoke to requested that the only way they would re-instate is if I cleared the bill - £560+  I tried to explain if I could do that then I wouldn't have had failed DD payments.

Is there any way of setting a payment plan up from my next payday to get this ball rolling? Without line access for internet (I'm typing this at a friends house) I know I'm going to struggle trying to deal with other financial arrangments - with no phone or internet etc..

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 12

Re: Unpaid Bill - Help

Go to solution

Hi PortiaDavies and welcome

Well, you could try sending an email to forum.moderation.team@bt.com with your name, account number, phone number, forum user name and a link back to this thread. It's not for me to say if they can help, but chances are they might be able to wave a magic wand and help you come to some sort of arrangement.

Post back with any news - good (fingers crossed) or bad (hopefully not).

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
PortiaDavies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
Will do thanks.

I should have gone with my instincts and arranged a lower repayment plan first time around!! Wouldn't have got in this mess.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

But we're only human. You're not the first and you certainly won't be the last.

0 Ratings
PortiaDavies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

I forgot to say that when I received the letter threatening disconnection, by the time I opened it and rung BT the line had already been terminated.

I've just called into work, and am logged on there but will be returning back home shortly, when would I likely hear from someone? I've emailed as per earlier instructions.  It's difficult now with no access to phone nor email to keep track of these things. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

I wouldn't have a clue as to when they'll reply.

Did you or can you provide a mobile phone number for them to contact you on?

0 Ratings
PortiaDavies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
yes as per your instructions.

I'll sit tight and wait.

thanks.
0 Ratings
PortiaDavies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
received an email regarding the above and was told that there was no option other than pay the £500. The amount will be or already has been passed to a collections agency, so i'll sort out repayments with them. I was told that I will need to re-order a new line if I want to be reconnected... so basically I'm going to be locked into BT again and pay an additional £125 connection fee? This just seems to adding to my debt, rather than helping.
0 Ratings
PortiaDavies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
"Thanks for the e-mail. I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you and for the problems you have had.

I have taken a look at your account today and unfortunately your account has now been completely terminated due to non-payment. I understand that you have had some financial difficulties recently and this has resulted in a few missed payment to BT. BT do not offer a method whereby you can make installments to pay the outstanding balance on your account. If the outstanding balance is not paid then the debt is passed to a debt collection agency, this company will make contact with you to discuss payment.

You will be giving the opportunity to make installments through the debt collection agency to pay off this bill. I am sorry that we cannot be more accommodating but paying in installments is not something BT has ever offered. The company that will contact you will be pretty reasonable in agreeing a payment plan.

If you were in a position to pay this debt now then BT could take full payment but a brand new order will need to be placed to get your service back up an running.

I am really sorry that I could not of been of more assistance I fully appreciate that my answer will come as a disappointment. If you should have any further question please don't hesitate to drop me a reply."

This is the reply.
0 Ratings
PortiaDavies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Actually i think I wont need to pay installation as there is a working line existing in the property. However, am I right that I just apply for the reconnection? shall I just do that now whilst online?

Or will there be issues seeing as I've just been disconncted?

0 Ratings