Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 39

Re: Unproductive and tiresome

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@Guyincognito76 wrote:
You mean two sub-forums; technical and general?

It will stop genuine posts about technical issues being dropped off the front page, but will still render the 'general' board unusable.

I have just asked Kerry to see if this can be arranged. It should not be too difficult.

This problem occurs on some of the other boards as well.

You will not have to visit the general board unless you want to.

People can argue as much as they like on the general board Smiley Wink

So the very helpful techies on here will be left alone on the technical forum, whilst the main users of the general forum would still be getting battered by trolls...

Umm.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 39

Actually, according to the guidelines for the lounge.

"Please Note: While we’re happy to get the conversation going any BT related topics or service queries should be posted in the relevant boards which you can find on the main community pages. If they get posted in The Lounge we will need to move them so you can get the required support from the community."

So perhaps the lounge is the best place to put some of these non service affecting issues?

0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 39

On a personal note,

I'd just like to say thanks to Guy, for starting this thread,

Thanks to guilbo and Keith for taking this on board,

And thanks to Stuart for taking appropriate action.

Nuff said!

Mas

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 39

What I thing we can do, is to move general discussions to the lounge in future, and keep the vision board for tackling problems.

It must be very offputting to newcomers, who come here for help, to be swamped by unrelated postings.

If Kerry does decide on an extra board, then I am sure we will hear about it.

A closer watch is needed to prevent future problems and the CLs or moderators can take action.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 39

Keith_Beddoe wrote: 

A closer watch is needed to prevent future problems and the CLs or moderators can take action. 

Would you object to an occasional alert by PM if a developing problem is spotted?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 39

@pottyperson wrote:

Keith_Beddoe wrote: 

Would you object to an occasional alert by PM if a developing problem is spotted?

I don`t see a problem in that. I do know the moderators are very busy and cannot always deal. Its best that they deal with the escalations that are sent to them via the forum.

The way that the board is structured means that it is easier to move things before a thread gets too mixed up, otherwise its best left to the moderators, who are more familiar with the Lithium platform, and are paid to sort thing out Smiley Wink

I am sure some of the other CLs feel that way.

Lets see how thing progress.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 39

I have moved that rambling thread to the lounge, as its nothing to do with people asking for help with BT Vision.

As it says on the board title.

BT Vision

This is the place to post any BT Vision queries about Freeview, On Demand, recording, setup and programmes.
I will look at some of the other threads that are making it difficult for people to get real help when they have a service related problem.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 28 of 39

Rambling thread? Guh! When I used to go mountain biking it was as if they wanted you to run them over... What?

My original UFC post which has also been moved (which is now out-of-date anyway), if not the postings afterwards, was a helpful user-to-user post. It was to warn, explain that viewers were going to experience a loss of service during broadcasting, and ways in which to view the lossed service at a future time :S
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 39

@Guyincognito76 wrote:
Rambling thread? Guh! When I used to go mountain biking it was as if they wanted you to run them over... What?

My original UFC post which has also been moved (which is now out-of-date anyway), if not the postings afterwards, was a helpful user-to-user post. It was to warn, explain that viewers were going to experience a loss of service during broadcasting, and ways in which to view the lossed service at a future time :S

Would you rather it be left in the BT vision area, even though it is out of date? As a regular contributor, the decision is yours?

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 39

It's just got a prominent position on the Lounge board now 😉

Being out-of-date it doesn't matter if it's just deleted completely.
0 Ratings