cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 39

Unproductive and tiresome

Two words that describe which community forum?
0 Ratings
38 REPLIES 38
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 39

Re: Unproductive and tiresome

Vision?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 39

Err..

Vision?

Like just now. A fellow user specifically asked me for a reply and BLAM! There was another, butting in 'Well if you ask me...'

Arrgh! Nooooo! The user wasn't asking you. He was asking me!

It's getting ridiculous now.

And it's getting in the way of positive community communication.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 39

Ewaawho do you mean?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 39

Yea i see what you mean, people jumping on the bandwagon when something bad is mentioned about a B.T product and the someone trying to give back some constructive feedback can sometimes be rendered useless.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 39

It's a horrendous forum. I never visit it now, full of bashers.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 39

To be honest i haven't seen too much of it myself, but had a frequent visit there and yea it doesn't seem too friendly :S
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 39

@Aarong wrote:
To be honest i haven't seen too much of it myself, but had a frequent visit there and yea it doesn't seem too friendly :S

To be fair though, it is only a minority of users.

Do you (meaning anyone) want to either criticise or support a particular subject or situation? Fine.  And thats one of the purposes of a forum.

Indeed, the above is one of the foundation stones a forum is based upon.

But there are ways and means of doing it.

Agreement or disagreement, in a discussion/debate, problem and help solving and learning new information that helps both the thread OP and other users that read said thread. Thats what this forum is all about. And...

All forums should also be about respect.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 9 of 39

@masona2 wrote:

To be fair though, it is only a minority of users.

Do you (meaning anyone) want to either criticise or support a particular subject or situation? Fine.  And thats one of the purposes of a forum.

Indeed, the above is one of the foundation stones a forum is based upon.

But there are ways and means of doing it.

Agreement or disagreement, in a discussion/debate, problem and help solving and learning new information that helps both the thread OP and other users that read said thread. Thats what this forum is all about. And...

All forums should also be about respect.

O of course, i absolutely agree, a forum is about voicing your opinion about something but some people forget to do it in a  constructive manner. The regular posters of the forum handles these very well when people start bashing a thread if they have the same problem.

Sometimes, the OP's problem could get undermined if people are persistent in complaining rather than seeking help.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 10 of 39

The forum ethos is: "This is where customers help other customers get the most out of their BT products and services."

The continued and repeated epic whining by the same few users about the same topics often using the same words helps no one and just clutters up what used to be a genuinely productive environment with so much drivel. I've started just not bothering to read posts by certain users as you can pretty much guarantee they're just the same old line of cack.

To the whingers I'd just like to say this. There are few on these forums who are hard of learning, so once you've said your piece how's about you do us all a favour and drop it and move on. Continued repetition is neither necessary nor helpful.

0 Ratings