cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Subby28
Message 1 of 3

Unreliable broadband

Hi,

For a few weeks, my broadband has been suffering from slowing speeds, and occassionally it wont work at all, even though there is a healthy blue bb sync light. 

Before the problems, the hub was connected at around 9mbps down and 1.1 mbps up, and reliable 700-900kbps download speed. 

The problems started with the internet appearing to slow down completely, then often not working at all, and wont sync above 6.5mbps.

As soon as the problems started, i moved the hub (HH3), to the test point to eliminate extension, and changed the filter, to no avail.

Restarting the hub often temporaily fixes the problem, but then gradually gets worse. I have two HH3's, and i have swapped and changed them to see if its a problem with either hub, but the problem doesnt seem to follow either hub, so unless they are both faulty, ive ruled that out. 

Here is the current connection Status:

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:2 days, 22:43:17
Downstream:6.499 Mbps
Upstream:1.06 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):6.4 dB / 5.4 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):39.2 dB / 23.2 dB
Output power (Down/Up):20.4 dBm / 12.6 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):874871886 / 32
CRC Events (Down/Up):2030616 / 68
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):1210802 / 17
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):148270 / 3

I often run the BT speedtest, and get varying results. It can often be as low as 2mbps, but even with this speed it still struggles to stream standard def from various on demand services. There is no crackle on the line when performing the quiet line test.

Is there anything else i can do!? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unreliable broadband

Test Socket.jpgare you connected to the test socket ?

there are a very large number of errors on your connection suggesting a noise issue which will reduce your download speed

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unreliable broadband

0 Ratings