Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: Unresponsive Connection Whilst Playing Online Video Games

Wired or wireless?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

@SJGBUFC85

if you want assistance please start your own thread to avoid confusion with replies for thread originator

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
willowen100
Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Sorry for the delayed reply I forgot to tick the 'email me when someone replies' tick box haha.

Anyway I phoned BT at the time of writing this original forum post and no one could help and said the only thing was possible is for Openreach to come out at the cost of £130. Yh no thanks!!

To start I'll answer everyone's questions. I am on a wired connection from the games console(s) to the router and I have BT Infinity 2 on a FTTP line (I can get 300Mbps if I desire). 

Anyway the other week ago I turned my Openreach modem off for 6 hours to see if it would sort my laggy connections out on Call of Duty and what do you know, I can actually get kills and not die instantly within the game. Two nights ago it went back to the same old b**ls**t connection and this morning I decided to turn it off for about 30 minutes and again the connection has been almost perfect. Tonight as of writing this reply I played another game of Call of Duty and it is still performing as well as it was this morning. 

However, there is a problem somewhere because I cannot be forever rebooting my Openreach modem every other day. There must be a problem with the modem as it must push my connection unstable over time and resetting it obviosuly makes my connection more stable?

Will

0 Ratings
willowen100
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Bump

0 Ratings
willowen100
Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Is there a way I can get a replacement Openreach modem talk to them without being charged for a £129 call out?
0 Ratings