Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 5

Unstable/slow adsl2+

Go to solution

My adsl is slow at 10 mbps i used to get 18 then it went unstable i have put a new faceplate on 3 weeks ago the line is now stable but speeds haven't increased can you do a ip profile reset please ? This is for a friend cheers

IMG_0565.PNG

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unstable/slow adsl2+

Go to solution
Your IP profile is set by your connection speed your IP profile is 88.2% of the connection speed your connection speed is 14.2Mbps unless your connection speed increases your IP Profile will remain the same it cannot be reset as the profile is fully automatic

Your connection time is only showing as 14 hours + have you been restarting the hub or has it been restarting on its own ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

He tried a manual reset to see if it would go back up but no look. we know all our neighbors and including me we get about 18.6 down not sure why his is like this ? Before i put a mk3 faceplate on for him when ever the phone rang it dissconected  broadband and there was alot of noise on the line by ringing 17070 now all that has gone since the new faceplate maybe just give it time what do you think ? Cheers 

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Your noise margin is at the correct default it may drop to 3dB over time if the DLM sees the line as stable and with low errors on it that will increase your connection speed other than that there is no way your connection speed will increase
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Okay cheers mate

0 Ratings