Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenG1
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Unusable ip profile - hub not keeping connection

Hi,

Ive been on holiday for for around a week, my wife turned off all the sockets including the homehub.

Since coming back yesterday, the internet has been so slow its as well not being there, i have checked the speedtest (ive been through it all before) and the ip profile is 0.25mbps - as well as not being there.

I thought i would leave it as after the hub gets a steady connection the ip profile usually increases automatically.

I woke up today to find the internet still pretty useless - see below screenshots.

The problem is, since being on most of yesterday, i check today to find the hub has only been connected for 5 hours.. it had been doing this quite often before going away, so i dont know how i am supposed to get the 3 days constant connection if the hub keeps dropping it somewhere.

Could i please have my ip profile adjusted? this is unbearable!

Thanks.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Unusable ip profile - hub not keeping connection

there is no point in a manual reset of your profile if you do not have a stable conenction.  your profile would be back to square one in no time   you need to find cause of router dropping connection first

are you using test socket with new filter to eliminate your internal wiring as causing a problem

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
StevenG1
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

I dont have a corded phone, i did do the test though and it was quiet.

The last time i was having problems i had an engineer come out, he fitted one of the new sockets, type 5 i think, where the hub plugs into the top socket without the need for filters.

I understand not resetting the ip profile, but its never been this low - its a struggle to even come here to post.

The desktop help keeps popping up saying no connection due to it being so slow.

If they would just upgrade my cabinet already then i wouldn't be here as i cannot wait to ditch adsl for fibre 🙂

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

the new socket is either and MK2 or 3. 

is the hub still dropping conenction?  there must have been a poor conenction speed when it reconnected at one point hence the low profile and hub has now conencted with 5mb connection speed but high noise margin.  did you try a few resets to see if connection would come back to normal?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
StevenG1
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

I will try a reset, i was avoiding that as i was trying to let it get a connection for a few days after it had been off for a week when we were away.

Its had a connection for six hours or so now, yesterday it was on from around 14:00 til 1am with no issues, it was just when i went back to it this morning i noticed it had only been connected for 5 hours.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

to have a profile of 0.75mb your conenction must at one point conencted with a low speed of about 1mb and then subsequently reconencted with faster speed but profile takes longer to recover

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

0 Ratings
StevenG1
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

I've restarted the hub, will post results below along with the one you requested.

Before i went on holiday i was around 5mb ip profile, i think its been messed up due to the hub being turned off from Sunday to Friday.

That is the only reason i came on to ask about having the ip profile reset, its been working fine til its been off.

The profile of 0.25 is just hard to cope with as you can imagine 🙂 - i cannot do any of the things i have the internet for, its hard to even browse pages.

Capture2.JPGCapture3.JPGCapture4.JPG

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

with your attenuation I would expect a conenction speed of 7.5/8mb.  at present your noise margin is high at 13.9db as normal is about 6db  with the reset your speed has increased slightly now to see if conenction will remain stable for the 3/5 days needed for profile to increase - it may happen quicker

if you can get 3+ days conenction time then repost your stats and we can see if mods can reset your noise margin which should give you a better connection speed and a higher profile

StevenG1
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Hi again,

My ip profile recovered a few hours after the restart of the router, i think the connection timer has reset once since then, after about a day and a half or so, judging by the time i checked it was probably around 3am.

I have now had a connection for 3 days, so here is a post of the stats - the noise margin has risen to just over 15db.

Thanks.Capture8.JPG

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

mods will help getting noise margin reset  they will post a contact us link 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email