cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TracyW
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Unusably slow broadband, and invisible engineers

Has anyone been successful in getting improved speeds with a boost engineers visit?

Since I had my broadband installed on 20 June, I've been getting speeds of betwwen 23 kbps (yes, kbps) and on a good day, briefly, around 300kbps. I was told I would get between 8 and 10mbps. It also drops out multiple times a day.

I've had a few engineer visits. The first time, the report was incorrectly logged as a phone fault and the wrong engineer sent, who couldn't do anything except say my phone line was fine.

The next visit, a Cube (?) engineer came and said he also couldn't do anything, and I'd need a boost engineer which he booked there and then. They didn't turn up on the day (I just love wasting annual leave) so I rebooked it last night. 

Today I get a text saying the fault is fixed and my engineer visit is cancelled. I beg to differ, so text back.  I've just spoken to someone who tells me they've rebooked my appointment for Tuesday (more leave! brilliant!). So I've just been to 'track my fault' on my account, and it's been raised as a 'no connection' fault. 

My question is, what chances do I have of the right engineer turning up on Tuesday, if at all, and if they do, what chance do I have of actually getting better speeds? Has anyone else has had a similar experience?

Thank you and sorry for the long ramble...

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unusably slow broadband, and invisible engineers

there are posts on the forum where boost engineer has be able to help improve connection speed but all depends on your line 

can you post stats from your router please

enter your phone number and post results  delete number but leave exchange and cab https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
TracyW
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks very much for your reply 🙂 This is the result from that link...I'm guessing it's not brilliant...

Capture.JPG

Sorry - edited as I realised I'd cut the exchange and cabinet details off!

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

you are obviously a long way from the exchange with estimated connection speed range 1/3.5mb but likely 1mb

can you post stats from router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
TracyW
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I can certainly try! Please forgive my ignorance, but how do I do that?
0 Ratings