cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisp18
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Unusual Sound Fluctuations

I have today noticed a slight fluctuation in sound when viewing.

With the volume control unaltered the sound will dip slightly and then come back again. It's not a big fluctuation but enough to be annoying and for my wife to ask me what I had done with the sound.

Have switched to normal TV and the problem isn't noticeable so it looks like it is the box.

Before I speak to BT wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
JXHogan74
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unusual Sound Fluctuations

@chrisp18 wrote:

I have today noticed a slight fluctuation in sound when viewing.

With the volume control unaltered the sound will dip slightly and then come back again. It's not a big fluctuation but enough to be annoying and for my wife to ask me what I had done with the sound.

Have switched to normal TV and the problem isn't noticeable so it looks like it is the box.

Before I speak to BT wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem.

My box...in the 24hrs I've had it...has remained constant on each item, however there is a really big difference between say....On Demand BBC iPlayer and a self-recorded programme - so much so that late at night I have to dive for the remote to not wake anyone up when I forget about it.....this was, to a lesser extent, the same on the BTv boxes.

Stupid question but you are using an HDMI cable not a SCARt one, right? I know from experience that a SCART cable 1mm out of the socket can cause that exact problem....along with some truly funky screen colourations!!

0 Ratings
chrisp18
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the replies. 

I have a Samsung LE40B554 television with a Samsung HT-D5100 5.1 Blu-ray Home Entertainment System. 

At the moment YV is connected via HDMI and as a test I have changed the HDMI cable (just in case) to the one provided by YV as I was using one I had for BT Vision before. 

The problem first came to light yesterday when watching an old film on Channel 4 which I initially thought was the problem and at the moment it seems across channels but I am going to do further checks over the next few days 

0 Ratings
chrisp18
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

UPDATE

I connected the YV box via optical to my Samsung HT-D5100 5.1 Blu-ray Home Entertainment System (BRHES) and set the YV to suround sound.

Recorded the BBC HD Preview test program and correctly got the test tones across the speakers so knew all was working OK.

Viewed all my TV yesterday with the BRHES switched on and everything was fine, no sound fluctuation at all.

Late at night I switched the BRHES off and reverted to normal YV use and the sound fluctuation came straight back.

As I have switched HDMI sockets on the TV and replaced the HDMI cable I was using with the one supplied by YV have to assume it is something to do with the box itself.

I emailed Humax on Wednesday about the problem but have not had any reply.

MODS/ADMIN

I think it reasonable to assume that the problem is the YV box and this might need replacing(?).

With all respect to the India Call Centre my previous experience is that their knowledge of YV is very limited so trying to explain the problem could well be difficult!

Can someone from the UK YV support team contact me, preferably by phone, to discuss this in more detail

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 7

Hi Chrisp18,

Thanks for the post.  I can certainly take a look into this for you.

Please drop me an email via the 'Contact Us' link in my profile. (click on my name and you will find the link under the "about me" section). Include your BT account details and the link to this thread.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
chrisp18
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Hi Sean

Thanks for your reply, I have emailed you as requested.

Chris

0 Ratings
Bankie
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

I'm having exactly the same problem. I've been trying to ignore it but it just won't go away and I'm beginning to find it really annoying. Could you please advise if you find a solution.
0 Ratings