cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 21 of 141

Parental controls - We are unable to process your request due to technical error.

Hi

I get this message when I try to manage Parental Controls (I want to turn them off).

'We are unable to process your request due to technical error.'

Is there a way round this?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 22 of 141

Re: Unwanted Parental Controls

I have exactly the same problem but when I try to manage Parental Controls it says 'We are unable to process your request due to technical error.' Can anybody help?

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 141

Parental Controls - being told that I am not the accountholder

Really annoying that I am trying to turn off parental controls that I have not activated and then being told that I am not the accountholder when I tap in my username and password - is there a glitch at the servers?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 24 of 141

Re: Parental Controls - being told that I am not the accountholder

Same problem here.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 25 of 141

More Parental Controls.

So.

BT are happy to spam me with "free" upgrades to my broadband service (at a trifling cost of £12per month to retain my existing call features).  I couldn't POSSIBLY expect you to tie my call account up with my broadband service, even though it's paid at the same time from the same account.  Not your fault.

You now seem equally happy to spam me with free "features" - in this case, parental controls (which I have never activated) and which are blocking me from browsing the net.  No doubt, you will be unable or unwilling to buy the case of Brewdog beer for me, which I'm unable to do for myself.  After all - you didn't know.  It's not your fault.

You'll also be unable to commit to any compensation of any kind, for me being unable to do my xmas shopping online.  It's not like you're selling a service to me, so denying me the use of that service can't be YOUR fault, can it.  It's a technical, third-party glitch which you couldn't possibly be held to account for.   Probably.

And I understand perfectly that, if I choose to take my custom somewhere else so the ghosts in the system lose track of me for a while that you will be bang within your rights to charge me, in full, for some breach of contract.  Because none of this - NONE OF IT - was your fault.

Not sure if you're getting how little I feel like "a customer" just now, and just "a bag of money to be squeezed."  If you're not getting that - don't worry. 

It's not your fault.

Beginner
Message 26 of 141

Re: More Parental Controls.

In "even better!" news - I found the parental controls section of my account. It errored - of course - probably an issue with my browser version - but I persevered. This turned my parental controls on. Again.

I then tried to turn them off - another error, which I'm sorry about too. Never mind. When I DID get into the system, I found the second error HADN'T errored, and I HAD turned them off! That'll teach me to think badly of your systems.

Having said that, even though I've turned-them-on-to-turn-them-off-again - they're still on.

I'm assuming this is down to leaves on a train line somewhere. I shall write forthwith to National Rail to complain.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 141

Are you aware that this is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 141

You might find this of some help but then again you might not because it has nothing to do with leaves on the line.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46768/~/bt-parental-controls---'how-to...'-guide#turn...

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 141

Re: Unwanted Parental Controls

Same here,

The parental controls are switched off yet bt think they are enabled.

Enabled and disabled them, still blocking sites. In a shared house of adults, getting some complaints.
Message 30 of 141

Hi Well_Red,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry that Parental Controls is stopping you from browsing the net.  I can help you sort this out from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings