cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kitbooth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 51 of 141

Re: Unwanted Parental Controls

This started with me last night. It eventually 'went away'.

Tonight, at 18:00, it re-appeared stating that the account holder was on homework time!

Two interesting points which may or may not be helpful:-

1.  I have never activated Parental Controls, in fact, when I try to disable them the system states I don't have them activated, and,

2.  from any device that links to my HH5 by wireless, everything works normally!!

I'm running a mix of Android Win 7 and Win 8.1 on wireless and Win 7 on the wired connection.

0 Ratings
kitbooth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 141

Just had several attempts to re-start the HH - after the fourth everything returned to normal.

I wait for tomorrow evening to see if it's all fixed!!!

0 Ratings
pennerspenners
Aspiring Contributor
Message 53 of 141

Re: PARENTAL CONTROLS - 'technical error'

Hi

thanks for the info. That's odd as I looked at the fault service for my number and it says the bt parental controls fault is now cleared in my area, but there is still a fault on my line. Oh well I'll wait a little longer and see what happens. If it takes too long then I will be get a replacement hub and log in to my opendns account which works so well. It's a little difficult  when there are youngsters in the house and they need the internet...

Anyway thanks for the infor...Cat Very Happy

0 Ratings
mark73mgk
Beginner
Message 54 of 141

Re: Parental Controls - being told that I am not the accountholder

Me too. Been a couple of days now and nothing has been done! We should be compensated for this. I cant access a lot of sites!

0 Ratings
nomad2k3
Aspiring Expert
Message 55 of 141

I've also hot this problem, I'm a long term existing customer on BT Infinity option 2.
No shareshared IP, but suddenly the parental controls are active (I did NOT activate them I don't have kids!).
There's is also no option to turn them off as it says the service is encountering technical difficulties.

Does this mean our accounts are compromised? As I didn't authorise this action and it is limiting my service and access.

What the hell is going on!?
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 56 of 141

Your account has not been compromised. If you read message 12 you will see that it is an ongoing problem with BT which they hope to resolve as soon as possible.

0 Ratings
h1ppies
Beginner
Message 57 of 141

parental controls activated without notification

How and why has this happened? And how do I get it to stop? There have been no changes by the administration (me) at home, it appears by have done this on their own.. Well undo it please... I didn't ask for this, expect this or was warned about this.

0 Ratings
rik_clem
Beginner
Message 58 of 141

Re: PARENTAL CONTROLS - 'technical error'

We are also having the same issue and nothing works to get into Parental Controls and make amendments.  Earlier in the week it was fine.  Rebooting the router has no effect either.  Please get it sorted asap.

0 Ratings
dsg1970
Beginner
Message 59 of 141

Re: Parental Controls - being told that I am not the accountholder

I've been unable to access sites for 2 days due to light filtering being applied to my "parental controls". I don't need parental controls, have never had them, and never used them!!!!!!..... I've been online to the Indian call centre 3 times which took forever, and to be honest they were pretty useless.... I've been told they have fixed the issue twice, which just isn't the case, and their knowledge is pretty limited. The "My BT" page I see when I log in has no "parental control" panel in the My Extras section of the website, so I have no way to even try and turn things back on...

I can circum-navigate BT in various ways, so I know its 100% a fault their end..... I just wish I could talk to someone who actually knows what they are talking about, instead of some Indian guy who is god-knows-where telling me how to turn off controls I actually have no access to!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
xuri
Beginner
Message 60 of 141

[quote]Just to let you know we are aware of a problem with the Parental Controls and we're working to get it sorted asap. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.[/quote]

It's not an 'inconvenience', it's a damned liberty. Why are large parts of the internet suddenly being censored?

I didn't ask for parental controls and I don't want them.
0 Ratings