cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobbieMac
Message 31 of 141

Re: Unwanted Parental Controls

Hi alicebutler123 & nmk23 & sunray10000,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry for the problems you're all having with Parental Controls.  This is something we'll need to deal with from here as the community wouldn't be able to help sort out this type of issue.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

All the best,

Robbie

ZoomyRamen
Beginner
Message 32 of 141

Can't turn off parental controls

Whenever I go to do it in mybt account it just says "Technical error unable to process request" or something along those lines, what is going on with all the parental control issues? 

Just want them turned off. 

JohnKelly
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 141

Parental Controls annoying splash screen

I keep seeing this BT Parental Controls screen. Please turn it off. It's annoying. I've clicked on No (several times) but it doesn't seem to get rid of it for long.

flippinghell.jpg

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 141

Re: Parental Controls annoying splash screen

It is probably not BT that causes the Splash Screen to keep flashing up. It is more likely that your browser is set to either block cookies or clear them when the browser closes.

Have a look at this link which might help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies

0 Ratings
Well_Red
Beginner
Message 35 of 141

Re: More Parental Controls.

Hiya, gg. 

Yes, I am aware that this is a customer-to-customer forum.  It may aid your interpretation of my posts if I explain first that I am NOT a Daily Mail reader.  I am expressing frustration to you guys because I genuinely believe BT will give not one jot of care for my experience.  As you guys are already "customers" I expect this will strike a chord with some posters.   Social media seems to be the best way to deal with these companies.  They appear to be keen to be seen to be excellent in forums in front of their customers.

Robbie - if you're another customer or forum mod - then thank you for your consideration.  If you are a BT employee - then sorry - but no.  Read my post.  I have not activated any controls.  I am being denied service,by you, which I'm paying YOU for.  YOU are therefore denying me the service.  Clear?  If so, YOU sort out what it is you did, or don't expect me to think your company is anything other than utterly incompetent.  And expect me to take my custom elsewhere at the point my contract is due for renewal - because I think I've made my point here too. 

There are enough "batches" of these parental controls issues, all together, going back over years to make me think that BT really DON'T know what they're doing.  And don't care.

Tuppenceworth done.

hr77
Beginner
Message 36 of 141

Parental Controls Unavailable

Hi, 

When will the BT parental controls be fixed and turned back on ?

btpc.jpg

0 Ratings
Titanskull
Beginner
Message 37 of 141

Re: Can't turn off parental controls

The same thing is happening to me. I hope they fix it soon. Mines been like it since last night. Many of the forums I moderate are blocked to me.

Marmalade1974
Beginner
Message 38 of 141

Re: Unwanted Parental Controls

RobbieMac - I don't know who you are - but this will not fix the problem. It's a BT error. I had a phone conversation with someone in the BT offices who clarified that both bt internet emails and parental controls have been having issues which are affecting all BT broadband customers. I hope this matter gets resolved soon.
0 Ratings
Marmalade1974
Beginner
Message 39 of 141

Re: Parental Controls annoying splash screen

Actually, it's absolutely BT's fault. I have been having issues with this, and also BT yahoo email for the last two days. I phoned and spoke to someone at BT who has clarified they are having problems.
0 Ratings
Marmalade1974
Beginner
Message 40 of 141

Re: Can't turn off parental controls

Yep, same for me since yesterday. Can't do any work - great. Thanks BT!
0 Ratings