Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 8

Unwarranted message on Usage monitor

Go to solution

One day into the month on the broadband usage monitor, and I get the message.

"We think you may exceed your monthly 10 Gb allowance for the month"

Yesterday I had used 0.04 Gb. I have had my package with BT for almost 3 years and have never used more than 3- 4Gb in a month.

I see it as perhaps a coincidence ??   that I downgraded in June from unlimited to 10Gb usage when I renewed my contract.

At least I have had 30 days warning I suppose Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unwarranted message on Usage monitor

Go to solution
contact live chat they should be able to help you with this
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

pottyperson posted something similar earlier todays  http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Vision/Sky-Sports-Using-my-Broadband-Allowance/m-p/911110#M49778

wonder if this is a recent change or just another problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@ John  I am not worried unduly and just laughed at the notice, I will keep my eye on the monitor though. (it has always worked for me) except for the minor glitches.

@ imjolly I do not have vision or Sky- sports,  just plain old line rental, ADSL broadband and calls but thanks for the link.

Thank you both.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@Patty-L wrote:

@ @ imjolly I do not have vision or Sky- sports,  just plain old line rental, ADSL broadband and calls but thanks for the link.

Thank you both.

the point was pottyperson had the same type of message as your received - he just happened to post on BT sports board

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

imjolly wrote:

the point was pottyperson had the same type of message as your received - he just happened to post on BT sports board

He's a loose cannon.

Spoiler
index.jpg

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
iggyb
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
At the bottom of the Usage Monitor page there is a message saying BT knows about this problem and are trying to fix it. This is a simple calculation the spread sheet I use to collect daily readings does it easily.
0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@iggyb wrote:
At the bottom of the Usage Monitor page there is a message saying BT knows about this problem and are trying to fix it. This is a simple calculation the spread sheet I use to collect daily readings does it easily.

No way of checking that,

The usage monitor is under maintainance once  again.

0 Ratings