cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 37

Up to 38MB or 52MB which am I on? Technical insist set to 38MB Sales/Contract 52MB.

Go to solution

I was on upto 38MB contract, however half way through term was given a good deal to cancel and renew on a upto 52MB contract. Speed didn't change but wasn't expecting much of increase anyway.

I've been intouch with BT today, sales/accounts insist I'm on 52MB but when I was put through to technical was told my speed was very good 36MbPS for a 38Mb contract. When I informed them account been upgraded to the upto 52Mb told me it hadn't been changed and to contact sales/contracts again.

BT wholesale speed check reports profile as 38MB,got passed between departments for well over an hour and feel I achieved nothing.

What's made be curious of the speed still being limited to 38mb is that other companies on doing line check say should be getting 45-47MB.

0 Ratings
36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 37

Re: Up to 38MB or 52MB which am I on? Technical insist set to 38MB Sales/Contract 52MB.

Go to solution

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then scroll down the page and carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you have a Homehub 5 can you post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the Homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 37

Re: Up to 38MB or 52MB which am I on? Technical insist set to 38MB Sales/Contract 52MB.

Go to solution
Can you post the connection stats from your home hub such as the connection rate and max attainable rate?

Can you also put your number into here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com and post up the results.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 37

Go to solution
FAQ Results Image not loaded 1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information. Download Speed 35.55 Mbps 0 Mbps 38.67 Mbps Max Achievable Speed Download speedachieved during the test was - 35.55 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 27.07 Mbps-38.67 Mbps . Additional Information: IP Profile for your line is - 38.67 Mbps 2. Upstream Test: -provides background information. Upload Speed 5.99 Mbps 0 Mbps 10 Mbps Max Achievable Speed Upload speed achieved during the test was - 5.99Mbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time. It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly. If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 37

Go to solution
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date WBC FTTC 18x2 Provide Availability WBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability Left in Jumper High Low High Low VDSL Range A (Clean) 51.1 39.8 10 7.2 -- Available -- -- -- -- VDSL Range B (Impacted) 40 24.7 8.5 5.3 -- Available -- -- -- -- ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability Date Left in Jumper ADSL Max Up to 8 -- 7 to 8 Available -- -- -- -- Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- -- -- -- Other Offerings Availability Date VDSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- -- -- -- For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage. This line is on a Market A Exchange. For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions. Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises. The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated. Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check. Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service. Thank you for your interest.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 37

Go to solution
1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068543+NQ52203760
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 27/09/15
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 01:23:58
6. Data rate:7200 / 39952
7. Maximum data rate:8327 / 44263
8. Noise margin:7.7 / 8.3
9. Line attenuation:34.9 / 21.7
10. Signal attenuation:24.1 / 19.4
11. Data sent/received:60.1 MB / 473.9 MB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 37

Go to solution

Going by your stats, I would say it is entirely possible that you are still on the 40Mbps package.

In any event, you are getting lower than your estimate indicates you should if you were on the 52Mbps package. Your max data rate is 44Mbps so you should be getting somewhere about 38Mbps in the speed test. The noise margin is high compared to the optimum of 6 so there is room for improvement but it will only be a few Mbps and I doubt you will notice it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 37

Go to solution
Possibly banded though.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 37

Go to solution

How do you get the banding removed?, so it get go through the initial set up again to find limit

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 37

Go to solution
You just need to wait.

As the line is connected above the minimum expected speed, you'll struggle to get an engineer.
0 Ratings