cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 21 of 37

Re: Up to 38MB or 52MB which am I on? Technical insist set to 38MB Sales/Contract 52MB.

Go to solution
Excellent thank you, have done, will wait for outcome.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 22 of 37

Re: Up to 38MB or 52MB which am I on? Technical insist set to 38MB Sales/Contract 52MB.

Go to solution

Hi @Watkins247,

I picked up your email. I tried calling, sorry I missed you. I've placed and order to try and correct this for you. It'll close tomorrow so can you try checking and let me know if you see any change?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 23 of 37

Go to solution

Will do no problem

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 37

Go to solution

FAQ

Hi DavidM here are the latest speedtest results as requested, as you can see IP Profile is still 38.67 and my actual speed is very close to it, the other day my speed came up as just over 39 above the IP profile.

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
38.1 Mbps

0 Mbps 38.67 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 38.1 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 27.5 Mbps-38.67 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 38.67 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
5.72 Mbps

0 Mbps 10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 5.72Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 25 of 37

Go to solution

Thanks for that @Watkins247. Leave it with me and I'll be in touch as soon as I have any updates for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 26 of 37

Go to solution

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 38.63 Mbps

0 Mbps38.67 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 38.63 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 27.5 Mbps-38.67 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 38.67 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 6.11 Mbps

0 Mbps10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 6.11Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

Guessing 38.67 is the max I can get, amazed how close I get to this figure would have thought there would have been a bit of leeway above this and my speed somewhere in the middle of the range.

Still think BT are holding my connection back though.

Thank you everyone for your advice.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 37

Go to solution
Think that all you want. BT don't have the ability to do that. The connection between your modem and the cabinet is wholly controlled by Openreach systems and the sync speed will be the best it can do at the point the connection is made depending on the line conditions at the time.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 28 of 37

Go to solution

Not sure I beleive that or may be just a case line is very consistent as the IP profile of 38.67 has never changed since getting Infinity in Oct 2015. Which coincidentally was the speed I was then paying for, was told could get low 40s but deemed the extra cost for a small speed increase wasn,t worthwhile paying for the upto 76Mb.

Took it when BT moved to a up to 52MB service my speed would increase slightly but never did.

Does DLM work all the time, how often does it make adjustments, does it stop working after a stable line for a few weeks?

Does it change the IP Profile for the line, I assumed this was the figure set by BT depending on what package you have.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 37

Go to solution

DLM works continuously to monitor your line. Your IP profile is not set, it is a function of your sync speed. Your sync speed is determined by the length and condition of your line. The only thing that is set is a 80/20 sync speed cap for Infinity2 and a 55/10 sync speed cap for Infinity1

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 30 of 37

Go to solution

Could my Sync speed still be capped at 38/10 from when I took out infinity? As that's what it looks like to me.

0 Ratings