cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sage
Message 31 of 37

Re: Up to 38MB or 52MB which am I on? Technical insist set to 38MB Sales/Contract 52MB.

Go to solution

It's remotely possible but highly unlikely.

Your max attainable is only just over 44Mbps so after overheads you'll only be able to squeeze an extra couple on Mb any way, totally unnoticable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 37

Re: Up to 38MB or 52MB which am I on? Technical insist set to 38MB Sales/Contract 52MB.

Go to solution

Have to agree, you will notice absolutely no difference between 40M and 44M.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 37

Go to solution
Nothing is capped right now. Your line is syncing at the best it can due to the current conditions. Sync can easily vary a couple of meg if you sync at different times of the day. Nothing sinister about it.

XDSL technologies are variable and adaptable speed services.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 34 of 37

Go to solution

Agree the sync does vary a bit but it's the IP Profile that never changes has been fixed at 38.67 for nearly eighteen months, no variation at all since the initial 10 days when was finding limit, hit max I was then paying for and has stopped there.

Dispite now min going up to 55/10.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 37

Go to solution

I suspect it is just the max attain sync rate that is varying not your actual sync rate. If the actual sync rate doesn't vary neither will your IP profile. Your IP profile is calculated as 96.69% of your sync speed.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 37

Go to solution
The IP profile is set only once the line syncs. As above, 96.79% of the sync speed is the IP profile, or 96.69% if G.INP is active on the circuit.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 37 of 37

Go to solution

Hi @Watkins247,

I tried calling today, sorry I missed you. I've been in touch with wholesale about this and they've advised on sending an engineer to check it for you. I'll be in the office tomorrow so I'll call again to organise that if it suits.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings