Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrBelter
Expert
Message 1 of 15

Up to 80Mbit

Go to solution
With Virgin Media ramping up the pressure with a high profile TV ad campaign about them doubling speeds for free I wonder when BT are going to make a move and announce something regarding 80Mbit?
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Up to 80Mbit

Go to solution
0 Ratings
West
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

I have noticed just today that BT now have a new 100mb offering for £35 pounds so no chance the upgrade will be free

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Spenty
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

The 100mb is FTTP (Fibre to the Property) not FTTC.

0 Ratings
r1sh12
Expert
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution
"Generic Ethernet Access over Fibre to the Cabinet (GEA-FTTC) enables you to offer superfast broadband (SFBB) at up to 40/15 Mbit/s (80/20Mbit/s announced for 2012"

My package is 40/10.
Why am I not on 40/15??
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution
40/15 is the service that is offered by Openreach. If you check your line in the BT Wholesale checker it gives a speed for the uploads too, mine is about 13meg.

BT Retail who sell Infinity have decided to sell it at 40/10. Similar to the fact that ADSL is actually capable of speeds of 11meg but BT sell it as an up to 8meg product,
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

@r1sh12 wrote:
"Generic Ethernet Access over Fibre to the Cabinet (GEA-FTTC) enables you to offer superfast broadband (SFBB) at up to 40/15 Mbit/s (80/20Mbit/s announced for 2012"

My package is 40/10.
Why am I not on 40/15??

My package is 40/2.... That's the one I signed up for.

Yet The line is capable of "WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 26.6Mbps and upstream line speed of 11.1Mbps".

It will be interesting to see what happens when the speed increase is released/implemented.

I doubt it will be free...... and to be honest I am very happy with my 37Mbps download so wouldn't rush to spend more.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
MrBelter
Expert
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution
Openreach saying it is going to be available in 2012 isn't the same as BT Retail saying a product is going to be offered. All the Openreach page tells you is a product is available for the likes of BT, ADSL24, Zen etc. to resell to us.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution
That's correct however BT retail will be offering the 80meg product.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
mikey4020
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution
Do we have confirmation that BT Retail will be offering an increased speed??
0 Ratings