Re: Upcoming changes to channels

I am of the same opinion , when my contract is up its bye bye bt  and go to sky

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 32 of 51

@Leonewrote:

Thank you so much Terry66 really appreciated.   I have now spoken to quite a few of my friends and they too are unhappy with BT taking off this fab channel that quite a few of us watch.   Can you let me know if they respond because if they have no intentions of putting it back then I am off to Sky.   Also when I spoke to customer services I was told that this channel was on their NowTV package as channel from Sky but it was not true.  I want Movies24/Channel 513 back.......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BT!!!!

I think you may find that Movies 24 is the first of the "legacy channels" to be removed over the next two years. Now that BT has gone down the Now TV route most of us here expect the older channels to gradually disappear as their carriage deal ends. I hope I'm wrong as I'm on a legacy pack, but I fear I may not be.

0 Ratings
Leone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 51

That's fine, though I am annoyed they removed that channel, but as soon as Sky are able to send out engineers I will be switching to Sky TV as that's the only channel I liked watching.

0 Ratings
m_senior
Beginner
Message 34 of 51

movies 24 is THE only reason that i signed up to BT TV  - is anyone else miffed at this?! Is there anyway to get out of contract as it's recorded on my phone call to them that it Movies 24 was the main reason i signed up to BT?

0 Ratings
m_senior
Beginner
Message 35 of 51

i agree - i want to leave too due to this!!

0 Ratings
m_senior
Beginner
Message 36 of 51

i'm in the same boat! it was the main channel i watched if i ever got the time - gutted they've removed movies 24
0 Ratings
Leone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 51

I know I am also annoyed that there's no longer online form to complain about it, tried phoning and was told by customer services that BT cancelled it and nothing they can do so it's pointless phoning.  There should be a way to complain to BT on an online form to register the fact that a lot of us enjoyed watching the Movies24 Channel and are unhappy they removed the channel.  This will make it clear why a person wants to cancel contract and move to Sky instead as they offer the channel BT removed. I am sure once they know people will be moving to Sky TV they might reinstate the channel!!

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 38 of 51

Sadly I think you'll be disappointed. BT have nailed their mast to Now TV, and I'll be surprised if they change it.

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 39 of 51

@Hunter2660wrote:

Sadly I think you'll be disappointed. BT have nailed their mast to Now TV, and I'll be surprised if they change it.

I would echo that. As I see it, BT TV offering will over time will be what is offered by NowTV and their legacy products/channels being removed. Why offer both?
The only positive if these legacy channels were added to NowTV by Sky but then, why would Sky dilute Sky’s full offering?

Stew

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 40 of 51

@StewM  the surprising thing about Movies 24 is that Now TV don’t include it or it’s content in their packs considering who owns the channel. Comcast after all have been rationalising their TV companies ,and Tv channels  since Sky were acquired.