Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 41 of 51

Re: Upcoming changes to channels

@StewMwrote:

@Hunter2660wrote:

Sadly I think you'll be disappointed. BT have nailed their mast to Now TV, and I'll be surprised if they change it.

I would echo that. As I see it, BT TV offering will over time will be what is offered by NowTV and their legacy products/channels being removed. Why offer both?
The only positive if these legacy channels were added to NowTV by Sky but then, why would Sky dilute Sky’s full offering?

Stew

I finally submitted to this same conclusion when I read the BT Group results for the full year to 31st March. The key part for me was this from Philip Jansen (the Chief Executive):

"BT is delivering, but is also changing. BT needs to be leaner, simpler and more agile. Today we are announcing a radical modernisation and simplification programme that will use technology to create a better BT for the future. This 5-year initiative will re-engineer old and out of date processes, rationalise products, reduce re-work and switch off many legacy services."

So I have ordered Sky Q. 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 42 of 51

@stereohavenwrote:

@StewMwrote:

@Hunter2660wrote:

Sadly I think you'll be disappointed. BT have nailed their mast to Now TV, and I'll be surprised if they change it.

I would echo that. As I see it, BT TV offering will over time will be what is offered by NowTV and their legacy products/channels being removed. Why offer both?
The only positive if these legacy channels were added to NowTV by Sky but then, why would Sky dilute Sky’s full offering?

Stew

I finally submitted to this same conclusion when I read the BT Group results for the full year to 31st March. The key part for me was this from Philip Jansen (the Chief Executive):

"BT is delivering, but is also changing. BT needs to be leaner, simpler and more agile. Today we are announcing a radical modernisation and simplification programme that will use technology to create a better BT for the future. This 5-year initiative will re-engineer old and out of date processes, rationalise products, reduce re-work and switch off many legacy services."

So I have ordered Sky Q

You won't be disappointed 😀

BTTV has basically become a very light version of Sky 🙁

stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 43 of 51

Light, but not much cheaper either when you start factoring in multiroom and Netflix costs. Now that did surprise me.

0 Ratings
Leone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 51

Well if BTTV is now a light version of Sky then I may as well go to the original Sky TV as what's the time of having the Now package paying a lot of money for channels I don't want because the one I want is in the basic Sky package and was in the original BT TV package.  I can't see how it's going to be leaner with Now because at some point, mark my words, they will part ways as BT have with other providers in the past!

0 Ratings
chris2400
Contributor
Message 45 of 51

Morning

Can you explain what is meant by the BT Legacy Services? Many thank.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 46 of 51

@chris2400wrote:

Morning

Can you explain what is meant by the BT Legacy Services? Many thank.

They are packages/services that are no longer offered to new customers, existing customers can usually keep them.

0 Ratings
chris2400
Contributor
Message 47 of 51

Thank you. Sounded complicated but quite simple really. 🙄

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 48 of 51

Hi @chris2400 if you look at tariff list  you  can see all the legacy products not just the TV ones.

Stew

0 Ratings
chris2400
Contributor
Message 49 of 51

Thank you.
0 Ratings
Leone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 51

Sadly doesn't apply to channel 513 as totally removed for old and new customers 😞 in March 2020
0 Ratings