Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 31 of 39

Re: Update BtMail migration

@gg30340 wrote:

Yes, just keep everything the way you have it. It will be easier for you using what you already know.

Thanks I agree!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 39

licquorice,

My sub-accounts were all migrated at the same time as my primary account. All the accounts show in MYBT "Manage BT Mail" in My Extras.

As the primary account holder you have a choice to make what you do with the sub-accounts. Assuming the sub-account is used by somebody other than you, you can gift the account to the sub-account holder.

The sub-account holder goes through an easy process of accepting the account and setting up a BTID the first time they try to log on via webmail after the migration.  The sub account holder is then responsible for the management of the account. It still shows in the primary account holders "Manage Email" in your MyBT but you don't have access to it.

If you don't want to gift the account because for instance it is an account that the primary account hoder uses you can add it to your BTID and you retain control over it. It appears in your webmail via a drop down box in the email address box so that you use either the primary account or the sub-account.

I have not gifted one of my sub-accounts and I have not tried to access it via webmail so I have not set up a BTID for it. I can still use that sub-account with an email client and on my phone which would indicate that you do not need to do anything if you only access your emails via an email cient however I could be proved wrong with that over time.

I can see no way of actually accessing any of the accounts if you do not have the password for that account regardless of whether or not you have gifted it.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 39

@gg30340 wrote:

I can see no way of actually accessing any of the accounts if you do not have the password for that account regardless of whether or not you have gifted it.

Not true. If under one BT ID, you have multiple email accounts - When in the 'Managing email accounts' screen, clicking 'Go to BT Mail' takes you to the emails of the account you've favourite'd [I only access BTMail webmail this way!] - at the top right of the screen, there is a dropdown list that allows you to switch email account without entering a password!

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 39

Is it not the case that you have to add it to your BTID first before you can make it a favourite and if you don't do that or gift it you can not access it without the password.

By adding to your BTID you have taken control of it and it is your account.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48771/c/346,6769,7012

EDIT:

I should add that my post was in reply to the question by licqurice

"That being the case, can the sub-accounts still be accessed as previously without any intervention until they are gifted? Before I convert them to affiliate accounts (gift them), does my BTID give me access to those email addresses without knowing the passwords for them?"

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 39

I think what I'm trying to ascertain is whether I can gift the accounts without ever having had the ability to access them, the answer seems to be that I can.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 39

As far as I can ascertain the answer to that is yes.

The only way I can see to access any of the accounts showing in the primary account holders "Manage BTMail"  is you either have to accept it into your BTID or the sub-account holder has to accept it into their BTID. If you do neither of that you can not access it from "Manage BTMail"

Once that has been done you need the password for either the BTID the email account is held by or the email password for the normal log in route.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 37 of 39

Forgive my inconsequential message, but I just wanted to say that it's now over a year since I was made to feel anxious by BT telling me that I'd lose my yahoo homepage, which I did, and that my email was about to change. Then, in June I got a message; We're about to move you from BT Yahoo email to our new email service called BT Mail.

I'm in a permanent state of expectation and anxiety, taking prescribed medication and seeing a psychiatrist. And I can't sleep.

Thanks BT. I envy you being able to be so **bleep** whilst at the same time not having to worry about losing customers. If only I could do my job with such aplomb as you (airline pilot). 

Ladies & Gentlemen we may or may not be landing at................erm, somewhere or other, or maybe not at all, well, we'll just fly around for a few months and maybe let you know how it works out at some stage...................or not...........cabin crew to zombie mode............

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 39

If you are an airline pilot suffering from anxiety, on prescribed medication, seeing a psychiatrist and can't sleep all because of the expected email migration could you please tell me what airline you work for so that I can avoid it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 39 of 39

I can't remember.................... I seem to be suffering from memory loss as well.

0 Ratings