Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D------t
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 39

Update BtMail migration

Hi

can anyone from bt (MODS) or any peeps in the know give me an update on where we are upto on the migration thingy thats going on?  would like to know when my accounts will be migrated over, will it be this year ? 5 years ? would be nice if bt could release update notices to let us know where they are upto rather than the same old sometime in the year speech written by a monkey !!!

0 Ratings
38 REPLIES 38
JimD
Contributor
Message 2 of 39

Re: Update BtMail migration

Yes...the last update, in May, said 'the majority' would be done by the end of July.  Well, it's now September.  I'd particularly like to know in respect of being able to set up disposable e-mail addresses again, since I have had to replace all my significant ones with something else.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 3 of 39

Same with me, love to know the status & future schedule of changeover.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 39

Are you really in a hurry to get migrated given all the problems and criticisms that have arisen with the new platform? I suspect that's behind the delay, though I doubt anyone will own up to it.

Having said that, I was migrated virtually unscathed some months ago. As I use an email client there's no noticeable difference in the service except that the (very) occasional login failures no longer occur; you're not missing much as far as I can see, though webmail addicts might not like the new interface.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
JimD
Contributor
Message 5 of 39

Well, I suppose so, but if we are to be transferred it would be good to get it over with and, in my case, be able to reactivate disposable e-mails.  Or, as I begin to wonder, is the migration of existing customers going to be quietly dropped; this to be announced when we've all forgotten/lost interest or whatever?

0 Ratings
annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 39

Wish I hadn't been migrated
0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 7 of 39

@annegray01 wrote:
Wish I hadn't been migrated

Why?

0 Ratings
annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 39

Because the webmail is so awful now
0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 39

Still holding out against an email client then?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 39

I am using thunderbird but that doesn't excuse BT's awful webmail

0 Ratings