Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RDowson
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Upgrade Cancellation

Go to solution

The Mrs contacted BT to see if we could get a better deal since we were out of contract and our price had increased. She accepted a deal for the same package but for a lower price and new 24 month contract.
I have found a better deal with Sky so she phoned back within 14 days to cancel the upgrade and revert back to where we were so that we could do the move to Sky. This was apparently all sorted for us. 
Sky processed the request to move the line over to them today and we got an email from BT saying that if we leave it'll cost us £285! I checked our account and rather than cancel the upgrade and revert us back to not being under contract, they have reverted the price back but it seems to have started a new 12 month contract, hence the email about a fee to move away from BT.
What's the best way to get this resolved as something seems to have been incorrectly processed?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Upgrade Cancellation

Go to solution

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to help you.

0 Ratings
RDowson
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Just done that. They say it will be fine and the move to Sky won't result in any fees and I've to just ignore the email.

I think I'll phone and speak to someone in the UK just to make sure though.
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @RDowson,

If you canceled the upgrade within the first 14 days of it being place, then you shouldn't be charge a cancellation fee. I'll be able to take a look at your account to make sure no charges have been raised as a result of your upgrade order being canceled.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
RDowson
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I don't see an option in your profile to contact the mods

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @RDowson,

I've had a look at our queue and can confirm that we have your details. There are a few cases ahead of you in the queue and we'll reply as soon as we can.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
RDowson
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

That's great thanks

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @RDowson Thanks for taking my call earlier and just to confirm that I have removed the cancellation charges marker on the account now and there will be no cancellation charges on your final bill.

cheers

John

0 Ratings