Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Datsun_Zed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Upgrade Home Hub 2

Go to solution

Hi,

My elderly parents have a BT Home Hub, which they've had, as you can imagine, for years. The performance of their broadband is extremely poor to the point we can't even have a Skype conversation anymore. (I live several hundred miles away and am on Infinity 2 so pretty sure it's not my end)

How can I get them some assistance and an upgrade to their router? They are in the Scottish Highlands so i undersytand that the broadband is limited but it used to work just fine.

Thanks

D_Z

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Upgrade Home Hub 2

Go to solution

Its more likely a deterioration in their phone line, is there any chance of you getting them to post the ADSL connection information from the home hub 2? This is accessed from the hub manager and the page will look similar to this.

hh2stats.jpg

Do they connect their computer usind an Ethernet cable, or a wireless connection?

Upgrading the home hub will make no difference if its a line issue.

0 Ratings
Datsun_Zed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

OK thanks Keith....I try and remote on to them this weekend...I fear asking for this info will not be fruitful...

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Datsun_Zed wrote:

OK thanks Keith....I try and remote on to them this weekend...I fear asking for this info will not be fruitful...

It could be that their speed has dropped. Any noise on their phone calls can cause this as well.

You can check what speed they should be getting here,

Broadband availability checker

0 Ratings
Datsun_Zed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Checked at the weekend...they're pulling 6-8Mb so it maust have been a "glitch"...

Thanks

0 Ratings