cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris43
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Upgrade from H3 to HH4 with Infinity installed already

I've had BT Infinity installed for a while now, with the HH3. I don;t get very good mobile reception in the house, so have been looking at Vodofone's mini-cell which needs an internet connection. There is an issue with HH3 that has been otstanding for 6 months at least, but HH4 works OK with the Vodafone box.

So my question is what is involved in upgrading? apart from the £35 anyway.

Is it as simple as plugging in the feed from the Infinity modem into the new hub, and then following the instal guide for HH4? Or would I need an engineer out again to instal the HH4? and if so, is that include din the £35 upgrade cost or not?

If anyone has been down this path, I'd like to know their experiences please.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgrade from H3 to HH4 with Infinity installed already

I believe it a straight swap, there is no software install needed with any of the home hubs.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

You would just need to unplug one and plug in the new one. You will also have connect all your wireless devices to the new hub because the SSid and passkey would be different or change the SSid (name) of the new hub to that of the old one so that they connect.
Chris43
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Thanks, I hoped it would be as simple as that, but wanted to check. I knew I would have to reset my wireless devices, which isn't a problem.
0 Ratings