cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Upgrade from Infinity 1 to 2 ?

Just spoke to BT for an ananswer to my question, after being on hold and being transfered to the sevice dept. the call dropped, I dont particualy want to hold again.

I currently have Inifinty 1 which I used to get 25mbs down but over the past 12 months this has degraded and if im lucky sometimes now get 20mbs. Avg is 18.x.mbs.

My 12 month contract is up for renewal soon and part of an offer from BT was Inifity 2 up to 76mbs, now if im supplied by FTTC struglling to get 20mbs then how can they offer me a faster service ?

The FTTC service is classed as impacted (or somthing like that) meaning a max of 25.x.mbs

Surley this cant be right ? Is there an option to have a faster service installed ? BT's wholesale checker shows FTTC only at the moment ? So why offer me inifiinty 2 ?

In this day and age all of us could do with getting the fastest connection possible, alomst everything in my house is WiFi enabled, even the kids ;o)

Im confused ???

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Upgrade from Infinity 1 to 2 ?

If you're only getting 20 on Infinity 1, there's no point in going to Infinity 2.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Upgrade from Infinity 1 to 2 ?

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings