Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cassidyc
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Upgrade to ADSL 2?

Go to solution

I noticed recently that the exchange and cabinet that I am connected to has been upgraded to ADSL2+, and my broadband package now states that I should get up to 17Mbps, however I'm still only getting up to 8Mbps.

How can I get my connection working at the new speed?

This is probably much the same issue as this post https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/Can-I-upgrade-from-ADSL-Max-to-ADSL2/td-p/16...

Thanks

CJC

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Upgrade to ADSL 2?

Go to solution

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
cassidyc
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Sure here goes:ADSL.jpg

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @cassidyc,

Thanks for posting. I'm sure I can help with this. Can you please drop me over an email with the details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @cassidyc,

Thank you for taking my call. I've placed an order to upgrade your connection to ADSL 2. I'll get back in touch once the order has completed to see how the connection is preforming.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
carlarachelwhyte
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi, i have the exact same issue. I am on the same exchange but i can only get a maximum of 6mbs

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Help has already been offered you on your own post please do not make multiple posts as this thread is marked as solved and your post not usually seen
0 Ratings