cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Upgrade to BT Infinity closes MyBT portal and resets My Phone package

So, I had been a BT ADSL Broadband Unlimnited customer for over two years with a solid service and had my phone line on BT for over eight years. I had International Freedom and Anytime Unlimited Calls add-ons on my phone. I pay my line charge on an annual basis and I already have a BT Home Hub 5 installed. Life is fine and everything works.

This May my local exchange opens for BT Infinity orders and I am given an upgrade date of 14th May. The sub-contractors Kelly Communications arrive early and move my Master Socket no questions asked and I am up and running in 15 minutes with 75Mbps down and 18Mbps up. Life has just got even better. 

I use the MyBT portal to manage my bills etc. The next day I login and everything under My BroadBand has gone and now displays an error paragraph to the effect that my order is still in progress. My Phone now shows that I have Unlimited Weekend Calls but no Anytime Unlinmited and no International Freedom. Looking at my bill I have been charged for the Anytime Unlimnited add-on twice!

I decide to leave things for a couple of days to see if everything settles down as BT's back office systems are complete sphagetti as far as I can see and depend on manual updates and batch jobs. They really are lipstick on a pig.

Three days later and things are unchanged. I have a chat session and two pleasant but unproductive calls with BT support on the Indian subcontinet who eventiually tell me that a manual reconciliation of my order and account will need to be done and that this will take up to another two days. In the meantime they reset my My BT WiFi credentials for me as I use this serice with a password of "london123" - I ask you!

I recieve another email from BT acknowledging my new order for BT Infinity, which of course, I have not made. I assume this to be part of the output from the manual account reconciliation and ignore it.

I go on holday for a week. On my return I login to My BT and find that the My Broadband section of the portal is now correct but My Phone is still missing my long-standing add-ons. 

I have another long chat session with support and they reinstate the add-ons up on my account and confirm this and I save the chat thread to PDF: always do this. 

Two days later My Phone in My BT is still not showing the add-ons. 

I decide to relate this sorry saga here in the hope that soneone from BT monitors the forum threads and can provide a logical and rational explanation as to why the administrsation of this upgrade was so incompetent. The BT Infinity technology part is fine and works: BT customer services on the otherhand are a complete shambles.

So, BT please take this on board and sort out your back office and customer systems. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Upgrade to BT Infinity closes MyBT portal and resets My Phone package

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phone  

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Upgrade to BT Infinity closes MyBT portal and resets My Phone package

Hi kickmaleerie,

Thanks for posting. This doesn't sound right at all. I'll be happy to take a look for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings