cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 2 of 16

Upgrade to BT Smart Hub

Go to solution

I have received my new Smart Hub. I currently have the Home Hub 3.0...I thought I'd just be able to plug in and go...silly me...

On my existing Home Hub 3.0 I have a red cable that comes from the Open Reach White Box and plugs into the Red BT Infinity plug. This plug does not exist on the new Hub...the new hub only has a Grey plug (the old hub has a greay plug labeled ADSL and there is not used.

The instructions suggest the grey plug should be plugged straight into the BT socket...two issues

1) I don't have a grey plug & the red one doesn't fit the grey plug

2) The Open Reach white box is plugged into the the BT socket

How do I install?

On hold for over 75 minutes now...

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Message 1 of 16

On hold for over 70 mins for Broadband Help Team

Go to solution

Any chance of answering?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 16

Re: On hold for over 70 mins for Broadband Help Team

Go to solution

this is a customer help customer forum  your post does not go to BT

if you want help from forum members then 

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

are you using test socket with a new filter to eliminate your setup and internal wiring as causing a problem

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Re: Upgrade to BT Smart Hub

Go to solution

remove the cable from modem ( white box) that comes from phone socket then conenct that cable to dsl socket as shown in the booklet  so cable form phone socket now connects to hub missing out modem  switch on and should work - plug and play

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution
Thanks for trying - but no - wrong shaped plug
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

the modem cable that connects to filter and modem is rj11 and that should now connect to socket on back bottom left of new hh6.  it does on mine  the modem is no longer needed

just follow the booklet

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

For those of you who have the same issue...BT do not send out the correct cables for upgrading - they are having to send me a new cable so I can install...that's 1 hour 40 minutes of my life I'll never get back!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Why do you need a new cable, the cable from your phone socket to the modem just unplugs from the modem DSL socket and plugs into the new hub DSL socket.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution
no new cable is needed the phone cable that plugs into modem certainly does fit the dsl socket on the smart hub
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Quite. I've never seen a device yet where the DSL socket isn't an RJ11.

0 Ratings