cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Upgraded ADSLMax to ADSL2+

Our exchange (St Germans, Cornwall or WWSGER) has been upgraded! The BT retail migration team have emailed me to tell me, although I already knew as the big increase in upload speed is a give-away. We have been upgraded from ADSLMax to ADSL2+ (G.992.5 Annex A). Not much increase in download speed though 'cos we still have 50dB of line attenuation, so all those seeking to be upgraded should not get your hopes up too high. There is potential for a speed increase, I suppose, but noise margin has increased to 14dB from its more usual 9 to 12. Interestingly the BTW speedtest further diagnostics which has been non-functioning for years is now working reliably. I always suspected that the database it consults to get your IP setting was missing or non-contactable. Does anyone know if this held centrally or locally?
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Upgraded ADSLMax to ADSL2+

the database for btspeedtester is wholesale not BT Retail so from that I would expect it to be a central database

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

settings are held centrally if you post your hubstats we should be able to ask the forum mods to reset your noise margin which will increase your speed further
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Here are my stats from my HH3: Line state: Connected Connection time: 5 days, 14:50:39 Downstream: 3.116 Mbps Upstream: 886.9 Kbps ADSL Settings VPI/VCI: 0/38 Type: PPPoA Modulation: G.992.5 Annex A Latency type: Interleaved Noise margin (Down/Up): 13.5 dB / 8.4 dB Line attenuation (Down/Up): 49.6 dB / 8.4 dB Output power (Down/Up): 18.5 dBm / 12.1 dBm FEC Events (Down/Up): 1255335 / 27884 CRC Events (Down/Up): 536 / 276 Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 HEC Events (Down/Up): 2067 / 634 Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 400 / 193 Apoologies if the formatting is a bit hard to read - I am having trouble getting the forum to accept line ends.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

if your noise margin was reset to 6db that would increase your connection speed.  as you have a stable 5 days conenction time we can see if mods will reset your noise margin back to 6db  they will post a contact us link here 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in about 5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 9

Hi @Joncbro,

Thanks for posting. I can check if this is possible for you. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Thank you David, contact form filled in. While I am awaiting your input I think it would be worthwhile if I tried ONE reset of the Homehub to see if the sync rate improves - it should be better than 3.1Mb.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Please now you have contacted the mod team leave your connection alone until after they have carried out the reset for you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Ah, very well, will do.
0 Ratings