Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Upgraded TV, no longer have HD channels

Go to solution

Hi,

I've recently bought a 4K TV so I upgraded my Entertainment Plus TV package to Total Entertainment so I could get Ultra HD.  The new box arrived yesterday (31/12) as did the switchover of my subscription. As soon as the subscription changed I lost all of the extra HD channels, even on my old box. 

So I can no longer access channels like Comedy Central HD, FOX HD, BT Sport HD and most annoyingly I can't access BT Sport Ultra HD. I can get these channels in SD, just not HD. Over the air channels such as, BBC 1 HD and ITV HD work fine.

I'm on Infinity 2 and a speed checker on my laptop reads at about 75mbps download. The Youview box is connected to the Hub via the Ethernet cable that came in the box. 

Cheers

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Upgraded TV, no longer have HD channels

Go to solution

Do the BT extra HD channels  and the BT Sport UHD channel appear in the EPG guide ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Yes they do.  If I select one of the channels a message appears saying, "This channel has not been set up.  Do you wish to set it up now?"  Or something to that effect.  If I hit, "OK" then it loads for a second then says it's not part of my subscription package, which is should be because I'm on Total Entertainment which according to the website contains everything. 

My BT shows me as having the Total Entertainment package. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Other than powering off the Youview box for at least 30 seconds and then powering on and seeing if there is any change - (not confident that there will be any - but worth a try ) I can only suggest formally reporting the problem to BT - seems like the technical set up of the HD and Ultra HD channels hasn't occured correctly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I phoned them earlier and they seemed to think they had messed up their end. (It took about 30 minutes to get to this point, they initially told me I'd ordered the wrong thing). However, because it's a bank holiday the people who can fix it are off and it'll still take a week or so apparently. 

I'm not particularly pleased. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Seems to be all fixed now. Engineer came out and checked everything before phoning the help desk. The person on the phone managed to get the majority of the channels back before escalating to the technical people.

Five minutes later I got a phone call and it was all fixed. Basically, my account had been marked with the wrong package so they just had to enable the HD channels.
0 Ratings