cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Upgraded TV package during January sale but being charged full price.

Hi there,

I have been with BT for years and years. Never had a problem. ADSL broadband worked fine, BT Infinity works fine and BT TV works fine.

During the January sale we decided to upgrade BT TV. We were on Entertainment starter with the non-pvr mini youveiw box. We had BT Sport on the box and also paid for the HD Extra bolt on. In the sale, as existing customers we upgraded to the total enterainment package at £14 per month. This would give us the 1TB UHD recordable box, access to all of BT's subscription channels and BT TV anywhere. We also added on the extra box at £5 per month and just kept the non-pvr box and our setup works wonderfully.

My gripe is that on our bill we are being charged at the full rate of £21 per month which is of course incorrect. Also on MyBT it is still showing as order in progress when there is no order in progress at all. I believe that all it would take is for one of the moderators to look at our account from their end and correct whatever tehcnical glitch has occured on the account.

This forum was my first port of call because the mods on here do a great job and its generally easier to get things done rather than ringing the call centre.

If a moderator could drop me a line that would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgraded TV package during January sale but being charged full price.

Hi @Ian1957 Sorry you are not being correctly charged for your BTTV package. The fact the order is still showing as in progress in your MYBT is the issue.

We will be happy to help get this order closed off for you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Hi John. I have done as you have asked.

Thanks,

Ian
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Hi @JohnC2,

Thanks for sorting out the billing issue and stuck order on the account. The only thing now is that all of the subscription channels included in the Total Entertainment Package are now not working on the new UHD box. They are all working fine on the old mini youview box which we have in another room. Just not the new box.

Also I wondered if you could check if there is an issue on our line because since we first got Infinity installed and stabilised, our downstream sync has steadly decreased for around 61/62mbps down to 53ish.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Ratings