cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silburkp
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

'Upgraded' but still on plain old ADSL (G.992.1)

I received a service upgrade notice via e-mail way back in January, and on the appointed date my stable ADSL download speed duly increased from about 3 to just under 5 Mbits /sec.

However I notice from my Home Hub 2 Settings page that the connection is still ITU-T G.992.1, so despite an upload noise margin of 23.0 dB, upload speed is stuck at 448 Kbps.

What's happened? Why don't I have ADSL 2 or ADSL 2+?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: 'Upgraded' but still on plain old ADSL (G.992.1)

if you received the email advising your exchange was being upgraded to 21CN in January I would have expected your connection to have been done by now.  It does get rolled out in stages but 6 months is longer than I would expect.

try sending email to mods and see if they can help  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

I would suggest you search the forum for 'upgrade problems' just so you are aware that it does not always go smoothly

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings