cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FarleyUK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 35

Re: Upgraded to 80/20, speed is now worse than before!

Go to solution

Cheers guys. The BBMax results:

2012-04-18 08:31:45
14949 kbps (1868.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
14857 kbps (1857.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 35

Go to solution
Are you able to test with a different computer/laptop to rule out antivirus issues/Ethernet port problems etc?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
FarleyUK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 35

Go to solution
Yep - get the same results. And yes, it's wired to the HH also.
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 35

Go to solution
I'd contact the mods.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
FarleyUK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 35

Go to solution

Will do - cheers!

0 Ratings
barkeja
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 35

Go to solution

Hi

My Infinity service was supposedly upgraded yesterday. Like the other comments, my service is now worse than before; BT Speedtester sigths reports that my download speed is configured for 33 Mbits (actual speed 16 Mbits) and the upload for 20 mbits (actual speed 5Mbits). Before the 'upgrade' I was getting a rock solid 32Mbits D/L and 6Mbits U/L. Looks like something has messed up big time with the profiles.

0 Ratings
Mister_C
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 35

Go to solution
I would suggest restarting the Home Hub.
0 Ratings
barkeja
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 35

Go to solution

I should have said that my readings were after I had power recyscled the Infinity modem and the HH.

0 Ratings
barkeja
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 35

Go to solution

I should have read the previous entries on this subject!; I find it very surprising that my line needs to go through a training exercise again.

I understand that if that is the case there is a 10 day settling in phase, but what I find suspicious is that my U/L profile has been increased to a potential 20Mbits speed but my D/L speed potential is still at 33Mbits, the same as it has been for the past year. Surely my D/L speed potential should be set at 80Mbits, at least until the training exercise finds the best attainable speed? The estimate from BT before I proceeded with upgrade was for speeds of 47 Mbits D/L and 10Mbits U/L. which would be perfectly acceptable. Do I have a case for contacting Support now? Thanks.

0 Ratings
kristian99
Contributor
Message 20 of 35

Go to solution

You have exactly the same problem as me I was quoted a download speed of 44.2 upload of 8 my ip profile has been set to maximum my line can reach of 33 download and 20 upload speed

0 Ratings