cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FarleyUK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 35

Re: Upgraded to 80/20, speed is now worse than before!

Go to solution

Well, it's a new day so thought I'd run the speed tests again.....

....and received the exact same speeds. 13Mbps d/l, 15Mbps u/l.

What the hell?

0 Ratings
ukdeveloper
Contributor
Message 22 of 35

Go to solution

same as me..

D/L profile hasnt increased at all. Have been told by BT Customer services it will increase during the 10 days stabilisation processm which is utter nonsence, but try telling that to a script reading asian who has never been to the UK let alone seen or touched the UK BT infrastructure.

UKD.

0 Ratings
barkeja
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 35

Go to solution

Day 4 after switchover. D/L profile now set to 37Mbps, but D/L speed measured as 31Mbps (via Speedtest.net); same as it always was. BT Speedtester site reports D/L speed of 8Mbps(!) .

0 Ratings
barkeja
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 35

Go to solution

Day 6 and no change. Have reset modem/router but to no effect. Is it possible we're stuck on some sort of hybrid 40/20 profile? Has anybody seen their IP profile actually move to 80/20 over or after the initial 10 days?

0 Ratings
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 35

Go to solution
Barkeja, it looks as though as you weren't on the maximum profile before 80/20 upgrade that your Iine is already maxed out. I would suggest that your estimate was a bit optimistic. I don't think you'll see faster speeds on the current profile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings
jedi118
Contributor
Message 26 of 35

Go to solution
I'm in the same boat, I had a perfect stable 38 mp dl and since the upgrade it's been as low as 1 and as high as 38. My 10 says have passed and it's settled at 20mps dl eek! At least I know the mods will sort (fingers crossed) please help Patrick !
0 Ratings
barkeja
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 35

Go to solution

Hi Rickydg. Understand what you're saying but I understood that you don't actually have to be on the maximum D/L profile (within reason) to get some sort of speed uplift from an 80/20 profile. My original estimate from BT when I moved to Infinity (March 2011) was 27/7; the estimate before I switched to 80/20 was 47/10. My issue is not really about what speed my service will move to over time, but that my line is not being allowed to try and train to a speed greater than 37Mb, hence my 40/20 comment. In any event I have now contacted the mods to get their input.

0 Ratings
FarleyUK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 35

Go to solution

That's better....!

Just a case of letting the line stabilise 🙂

Aarong
Guru
Message 29 of 35

Go to solution
Nice to see FarleyUK, glad it's starting to stabilise out for ya!
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
barkeja
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 35

Go to solution

FarleyUK. Good to hear your speed is going the right direction! Can you tell me when your D/L IP profile was actually changed to 76Mbps? Cheers.

0 Ratings