cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Upgraded to infinity. How long before it's turned on?

Just upgraded to fibre, engineer said it might not work for upto 8 hours or I might have to ring them to 'flip the switch' over!
Wasn't aware I'd be without broadband for the evening and I don't know who to ring anyway!
How long does it usually take to get swapped over?
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Upgraded to infinity. How long before it's turned on?

If you had an engineer install then I would have expected infinity to be working before he left

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Have you plugged in the home hub 5, as none of the other home hubs work on Infinity?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Engineer came, unplugged my old hub plugged in my new hub5 and said it could take up till midnight before it starts working or I'll have to call tomorrow.That was it. I was expecting it to be working before he left aswell!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Was it an openreach engineer or a contractor possibly Kelly's?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Self install are often activated at midnight 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Not sure, I wasn't in my other half was here, but I've only ever seen openreach vans in this area. We have a bt exchange just further up the road and there vans are sometimes there
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Just need to wait and see if activated tonight and if not then phone customer services and get engineer visit

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Yes okay. Thanks for the reply. Hopefully be on tomorrow.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

As expected still no Internet today. 😞
0 Ratings