Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xbrilliantx
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Upgraded to infinity and now no internet

Hi

We upgraded from Bt broadband unlimited to Bt broadband infinity. Activation day was yesterday. When I got home yesterday the old hub was orange. I connected the new hub up and it was flashing orange and purple. I rang the helpline which told me I needed to wait until midnight (although I had had a text and email to say it was ready). So this morning it was still not working. I rang Bt again who said they would arrange a call back at 7pm tonight. 7pm came and no call so I rang them - the girl I spoke to first kept going to get advice (!?!) and then transferred me to faults who then cut me off. I rang back and got through to someone helpful who was ringing suppliers and then wanted to test phone line but has since not rung me back!! My internet was working fine yesterday morning so I know all cables are ok. How can I get them to go and check local cabinet??? I am so frustrated!!
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Upgraded to infinity and now no internet

You need to raise a fault and request an engineer visit.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
xbrilliantx
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I'm on the phone now for the third time
0 Ratings
xbrilliantx
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Next available engineer Tuesday afternoon- kids and husband going to go mental haha!!
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Oh dear! It should be a simple fix, I expect they've just connected the wrong pair of wires at the cabinet!
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
xbrilliantx
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

I'm hoping so x
0 Ratings
Foxcliffe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

'....the girl I spoke to first kept going to get advice (!?!)' - BT are desperately trying to train up new staff in time to bring the support service back in house by whatever date they committed themselves to.  Believe me, going off and getting advice is by far preferable to the spotty adolescent I had at the other end of the phone week before last.  Exuding total disinterest he gave me the impression that he was sat there with his latest comic in hand.  It could have been that he had the mike on mute as his supervisor directed him in his answers but it felt like studied indifference!! 

Having mistakenly been cut off by the guy in Bolton I think, as per his explanation, that that is lack of experience with the hardware.  At least he spoke his accent at a speed that my ears were able to translate Cat LOL

0 Ratings