cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 8

Upgrading Infinity or to BT Sport Problems

I am a BT Infinity customer. I got an e-mail informing me that I can upgrade my package to a quicker speed. When I click the 'Check my Line' button to see how fast my BB can be and input my phone number and postcode, rather than have my line checked, I get the following message:

Switching your calls back to BT

We'll switch your calls back to BT as soon as we can. You don't need to contact your current provider – we'll do it for you.

If I don't check the box confirming I wish to do this, I can't progress the order/enquiry. I have the same problem with trying to get BT Sport. 

I don't want to switch my calls back to BT - my enquiries have nothing to do with phonecalls - so how do I register for BT Sport and/or check about upgrading Infinity?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Upgrading Infinity or to BT Sport Problems

Are you sure this email is from BT? You should not click on links within emails if you are not sure it is from a safe source. There are a few phishing emails going about that purport to be from BT.

If you want to upgrade or get another BT product go into the BT website and select your products from there.

This is a link to BT products.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=27281

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

I am sure it is from BT.

The Infinity e-mail was received today and I went to the link on the e-mail:

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29280

Last week was when I tried registering to BT Sport with the same problem occurring.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

It could be a problem with the BT Website on the link they supplied. The link I posted seems to work ok so you should be able to upgrade using it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for trying to help - I do appreciate it.

However, I still get the following message following input of phone number and postcode:

Thanks for choosing BT

Switching your calls back to BT

We'll switch your calls back to BT as soon as we can. You don't need to contact your current provider – we'll do it for you.

I confirm I want to switch my calls back to BT

Can someone from BT help - I want to check whether I can upgrade my existing Infinity speed, I also want BT Sport, but I don't want to change my calls to BT.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

I presume because you have Infinity you do have a telephone package with BT?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

If the links are not working for you then try contacting BT by phone. See this link.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact#h=eyJzdGVwMCI6ImNvbnRhY3RJdGVtTGluazU2MzgiLCJzdGVwSWR4IjoxLCJzdG...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Trying here to air a big grievance. Last autumn, the option to pay for Sky Sports was quietly removed from non-infinity areas, including mine. It's now about nine months...no apology and no indication as yet as to when Infinity will reach my area (which is NOT "out in the sticks"). 

I've registered for information as to when/whether the new BT Sports channel will be available via my aerial. BT say "sometime after 1st August". 

This sort of off-hand treatment makes me think of going back to Sky (no cable for our area either!!!) despite my antipathy to adding to Murdoch's profits, and that shows how pigged off I am with BT.

End of rant!

0 Ratings