cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Upgrading from BT Unlimited Broadband to BT Infinity 2

Hey guys,

I've been a BT customer for years and have only just took the plunge of upgrading to BT Infinity 2. Super excited however I have a few questions that I want to ask:

As I am already an existing BT customer, what needs to be done in regards to the wiring in my house? An employee at BT has already installed the box outside of my house. Also as I am already an existing customer will it take significantly quicker for the installation? Assuming theres nothing external affecting it? As far as I'm aware I am assuming the master socket in my house is going to be upgraded so that it is compatible with fibre optic. 

Secondly what needs to be done in preparation prior to the engineers arrival? Would it be wise to disconnect the hub and my phone from the master socket? As I only have a master socket in my house, due to the convenience I would probably have the engineer install the new hub in the living room (where the master socket is) however if I have a long extention cable, would I be able to relocate the hub to another room in my own time or would it not be possible? 

Thanks!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgrading from BT Unlimited Broadband to BT Infinity 2

Infinity is usually self-install these days, unless BT have told you otherwise.  So the snswer to the first question is "nothing" and the answer to the second question is "nothing".

If your existing Hub isn't compatible with Infinity (i.e. it isn't a Hub 5 or 6), then you'll need to swap to the new one.  That's it.

You could connect your new Hub to an extension cable.  It might make the connection slower, particularly if it's a cheap cable.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

I assumed the OP was getting FTTH with the box fitted outside. The answer is still nothing though Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Hey, thanks for the reply, in regards to the first question it was directed towards the engineer thats coming over.

0 Ratings