cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greglloyd
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Upgrading from Infinity Option 1 to 2

I've just placed an order today to switch from Infinity Option 1 to Option 2. The activation date is tomorrow.

Has anybody else done the upgrade?

I'm wondering if the faster upload speed of up to 10 meg will automatically kick in or whether anyone has had problems with it staying on 2 meg?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
greglloyd
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgrading from Infinity Option 1 to 2

So as predicted things haven't gone smoothly..

My activation date for upgrading from BT Infinity Option 1 to Option 2 was yesterday. So far, no change has occured that I can see. My upstream speed is capped at 2000k (instead of 10000k) according to the BT Speedtester and when I log in to view my Broadband Usage on BT.com it shows my product as BT Infinity Option 1.

To add to the annoyance, it seems that because I did a couple of reconnects yesterday to see if it would change to the faster upstream speed (with the HUB only - not the modem) the exchange has dropped my downstream line profile from 33 meg to 26 meg. It'll now take me 14 days of continuous connection without a reboot to get that speed back.

Is anyone else on 2000k IP Profile with Option 2 or should everyone be on Option 2 be on 10000k regardless of line length?

BT Mods - what can be done to sort this out? I really don't fancy trying to explain this problem to a call centre agent who hasn't a clue what I'm on about?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
greglloyd
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

The other annoying thing is the BT.com website doesn't clearly tell me if I'm now on the free anytime calls. I have no idea if it's actually been implemented on my account or not.
0 Ratings
greglloyd
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Note: My order shows as 'Complete'
0 Ratings