Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 21 of 42

Re: Upgrading to Infinity

Go to solution

I am now being charged by BT for the non-exitant Broadband Infinity. The last Bill said I would pay nothing until 25 June.

My payments Direct Debit has been increased and with no permission from me.

Infinity is still not installed but my bill shows a monthly charge  for 3 months, for it.

I did ring customer services ( in India ) but was told that is the way it is ?

I am now paying for something I may never have ?

Last straw or should I be patient ( since last March ) ?

24 hours to think about leaving BT after all this time.

Moderators please note.

My patience is at an end since last March to solve all this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 22 of 42

Go to solution

Hi 2020inf

These charges are incorrect apologies. My colleague Sean will be in contact with you tomorrow he can take care of this for you.

Thanks

Stuart

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 23 of 42

Go to solution

Thank you for the response.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 42

Re: Upgrading to Infinity ( still waiting )

Go to solution

Hello Sean (Moderator)

I had an Installation date as you know for 26 June ( from 25 June ).

I signed another form on 24 June to allow permission to access outside my property ( 2nd form as the first was not processed on 8 May ). So I have a new VOL number.

Install date was to be 26 June. I just received an answerphone message from the BT Openreach engineer to say they will not carry any work inside on 26 June as no external duct has been done.

A further message from OpenReach to say the Council will not give permisson to excavate in the street. I am trying to contact the Council to ask why but they are " on holiday" and they will ring me back.

I know you said you will ring Friday 27 June ( after work is completed ) but it seems this will not be done again.

Original date was 12 May.

It still says on MYBT that I am in debt for 3 months BT Infinity until September from 20 June @ £26 = £ 78 even though I do not have BT Infinity.

It seems I am further away than ever from having SuperFast Broadband.

This would make a good comedy sketch for "One Foot in the Grave". I hope I still have a sense of humour.

Look forward to your comments.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 25 of 42

Go to solution

Hi 2020Inf,

Thanks for posting and sorry about the further delay. Sean will call you back as agreed on Friday to let you know what's happening.

Thanks 

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 26 of 42

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply.

The Council did not reply to my request for information so I will visit them in person tomorrow. Hopefully not everyone there will be "on holiday".

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 27 of 42

Go to solution

the Foresight Saga continues ........ Episode 26...

Indian Woman ( BT )       ...  Very sorry you are being charged for BT Infinity but cannot change it so your Bill has increased

and Direct Debit to pay for the BTInfinity you are not having. Can apply for a refund September

Very Sorry . Very Sorry. Very Sorry.

Me                                 ...   Listening incredulously and tryng to be calm.

Irish Man (BT Moderator) ...   This should not have happened and will see if we can compensate you if we can. Will ring      

on 27 June after BTInfinity installed.

Scotsman ( OpenReach )  ... We cannot supply your Fibre Optic Broadband on 26 June as the Council will not let us.

Englishman ( Council )     ...  We did not say you could not have a phone line, just make good the paths.

Me                                 ...  Listening incredulously.

Scotsman  (2 )                ...  We can now install your Fibre Optic line it will be in July.

Me                                 ...  Listening incredulously.

Comment : God created the World in Seven days we are told but made one mistake, He created Administrators.

......  to be continued in Episode 27 for this Foresight Saga

(definition of Foresight in Oxford Dictionary  n. the ability to forsee and prepare for future needs )

(     ..       ..  Forestall  ..     ..          ..          v. to prevent or foil ( a person or his plans ) by taking action first )

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 28 of 42

Go to solution

Moderators

''''''''''''''''''''''''

Still waiting .........

No phonecall as agreed because Sean is not there. How can I proceed now ??

Now Friday Afternoon on 27 June and still No Progress with my Bills or the non-existent BTInfinity.

Now I cannot access my BT Account to cancel my TV Package for Sky 1. It says I am not the Account Holder ??

This is impossible !!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 29 of 42

Go to solution

Hi again ( sigh ) Moderators

No way to check my Bill again as the service is Offline for maintenace.

Please note (repeat ) that BT have charged me from 5/6/14 @ £ 26 = £ 12.58

as well as the 20/9/14 @ £ 26 =  £ 78.00

So I have no idea where I am regarding my Bil or if I was refunded or not ? Please check the Online Bill as I cannot ?

I am on a paperless Billing system so I demand a wriitten Bill in this case sent to my home address.

Also tonight (Sunday) I came home from visiting and Recorded the World Cup ( 2 matches ) to find an error occurred. So no recordings again.

This is the Last Straw of a failed Company. I have been patient since February but BT has failed on many counts:

No show by Openreach for BTInfinity on dates agreed for various reasons by your company or it's subsiduaries.

No Recordings or failed completely on VisionBox.

Box resets when it wants to, usually while watching something.

Bills increased at BT's leisure without a valid reason.

No Customer services available by phone. We are also very busy with our own lives not just BT operators.

If by chance a human being is spoken to then there is no chance of a refund for overpayment for 3 months. Why should we wait another 3 months then get the same answer (no refund ).

I have been a BT customer for many years and even had the first Ondigital box.

Sadly, enough is enough.

I feel sorry for anyone involved with BT. If this was a car it would be scrapped. If it was a horse then it would be laid out to pasture. This is beyond anyone's endurance.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 30 of 42

Go to solution

Hi 2020Inf,

Thanks for taking my call this morning.  I am glad I was able to speak with you.

We will be in touch again as soon as we get the update on your order.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings