cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morgen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 34

Re: Upgrading to better speeds after exchange upgraded to ADSL2?

Tried connecting to the test socket some time ago and no diffrence. During peak times like right now the SNR is varying from 6 - 8 db though.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 34

as john46 said I would do away with the accelerator/iplate as that is intended for people with extensions sockets where the bellwire is causing noise problems

how long did you leave connected to test socket as it may take a few days to get the benefit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Morgen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 34

About a day. The stats were pretty much exactly the same on the line.

Guess all I can do is wait for BT to pull themselves together and sort out ADSL2+ rather than messing about old customers.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 34

if you have a problem with noise on your line causing errors then the upgrade to 21CN may not help initially as 21CN is far more aggressive on line noise than adslmax.  would be better trying to improve your current connection but that choice is yours

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Morgen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 34

I have tried just about everything to improve it already. Nothing said here is new.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 34

sorry but with 2 master sockets I have assumed 2 separate phone lines - is that correct?  I would do away with the iplate as it is not required and in fact may not help your connection

0 Ratings
Morgen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 34

Yeah 2 seperate phone lines. The one with the connection is a NTE5 master socket and the other is a old LJU type from when the house was built. Il try without the iPlate.

0 Ratings
Morgen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 34

No diffrence without iPlate, line test is completely silent with and without and silent plugged straight into test socket. No diffrences in the stats.

I am planning to transfer my broadband to annother phone line in the house soon and I did the quiet test on that I noticed a quiet buzz with the occaisonal pop... Not a good sign I suppose. It's an old LJU master socket and we do have an unused extension on it. Since its a LJU socket though I don't think I can remove the extension socket?

Any steps I can take to improve the LJU socket?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 34

you could start by removing the bell wire from the sockets
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Morgen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 34

Yeah but as far as I know BT's rules say not to open the LJU master socket and you know this is a BT forum.. sounds like a good way to get my service terminated.

0 Ratings