cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morgen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 34

Re: Upgrading to better speeds after exchange upgraded to ADSL2?

ADSL Max seems more like a 'upto 8' than a 16.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 34

all the speeds are now shown as 'up to 16mb' - there is no 'up to 8mb' anymore

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Morgen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 34

Exactly.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 34

from looking at your stats if you could get rid of some line noise and get your noise margin down to 6db you should be able to increase your conenction speed and therefore your download speed without having to upgrade

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Morgen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 34

I tried to call years ago to get the SNR target down from 10 to 6 but the person never understood what I was talking about and after an hour I just gave up. Also upload speed, I work with lots of servers from home so I'm stuck waiting on uploads 99% of the time which is one of the main benefits I was hoping to get from ADSL2+

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 34

if there is line noise then that could well be why your noise margin has not reduced automatically to normal 6db

a few normal questions

have you tried quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should hear nothing and best with corded phone  if cordless then dull hum normal

are you connected to the master or test socket?  do you have other sockets in other rooms whether in use or not?

if more than 1 socket have you removed the bellwire on terminal 3 from all your sockets

bellwire removal

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 17 of 34

"I work with lots of servers from home so I'm stuck waiting on uploads 99% of the time which is one of the main benefits I was hoping to get from ADSL2+"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like a valid reason to be on BT Business to me ....  Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Morgen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 34

Connected to master socket, we have 2 master sockets. No extensions or anything are connected to the one with the internet connection. Master socket with internet has a BT iPlate on it also.

Was planning to get rid of the one the internet is on right now when we changed over to Infinity whenever we can get that... So no phone (or anything but the internet) connected to this master socket right now so il have to wait until later on to do a quiet test.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 19 of 34

You could try connecting to the test socket to see if the noise is within side your home.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 34

if you have no extensions then the Iplate is not needed
0 Ratings